War Pt 1

(A/N: Keep in mind, this match will be broken into two parts, just because of how many words I had written for this part of the story, and that's including the Japanese kanji and whatnot!

Before I forget, please let me know if you really enjoyed this two part chapter because I've worked very hard on this match and how I wanted it to be done.

And to be fair, I've watched so many HIAC matches on Peacock, including Mankind vs Undertaker, Cactus Jack vs Triple H, Shawn Michaels vs Triple H, Batista vs Triple H, DX vs McMahons w/ Big Show, Edge vs Seth Rollins, the six man match (2000), and last but not least, Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar (2002 and 2015), where I wanted to combine almost all of these matches into one with Adam vs Ren, and I think I did a damn good job with it.

Anyway, let's get into it!)

~With Kai~

I thought that video package was great. They kept everything that had come to this point, showing that everything that Adam had done lit a fire up my ass.

When Adam entered with his music playing, the fans were booing him out of the building, like, after Cole kicked Masami in the mouth, they wanted see me kill this motherfucker, and I'm willing to do whatever I can to give them what they want.

After he made his entrance, Adam was inside the ring as he was waiting for me to come out and get inside the ring for the match.

I did say he was going to face the real me, so I have it simple: black trunks, knee pads, boots, and white wrist tape, but I'm gonna play mind games with Adam.

The mind games I'm gonna be doing is that I'm gonna be wearing my old Suzuki-Gun gear from 2015, three years before I arrived in NXT, as well as a song that I used in Suzuki-Gun: "Rise".

"Rise" was actually the one song that pushed me towards the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship during my time with the group, so what I'm doing is a little homage to the whole stint.

Funny thing is, Ayumi actually allowed me to use it during my time with the group and she did say that if I wanted to use the strong version of "Tsubasa No Oreta Angel" again, all I have to do was ask.

Nobody in the arena will expect to hear "Rise" again, but joke's on them, this is going to be a trip down memory lane while playing mind games with Adam.

Adam knows about my history and we did have a staredown that went nowhere back in ROH and New Japan, but now that it's for the NXT Championship inside Hell In A Cell for the first time, I have to bring back the theme that brought me to this point of my career.

Before I could go out there, Hunter went up to me about something.

Hunter: You ready for out there?

Me: Hai. It nerve-racking.

Hunter: I don't blame you. It's pretty scary to do something like this for the first time. Anyway, I wanted to tell you something.

Me: And what is that?

Hunter: When I was in my first Hell In A Cell, I thought it was one of the most defining moments of my career, but it was also scary for me.

Me: How was it scary?

Hunter: Let's say I didn't want to do it again after the first time, but the more I was in this match, the more I was enamored by it. Now it's your first time, Kai, I gotta give you this. From a friend.

Hunter gave me the note and I read it,

"Got ya a little gift underneath the ring for you to find, Kai! It's metal, it's pointy, and it'll help you win that title from Adam.