»»----- Chapter One -----««

2 years ago

Author's POV

It was a fine early morning. The sun rose, filling Y/N's dark room with light and hitting her face as her peaceful sleep was interrupted by her mother's shouts from downstairs for her to wake up.

"Mads... Hurry up or you will miss your flight!" Her mother called. "Are you coming down, or do you want me to come up there with a bucket of ice-cold water to get you a bath in your bed?" she asked playfully.

Her mother was a middle-aged woman whose face was always bright and shining with a big smile. Y/N was the only child of her parents, and so they were always joking around playfully with her as they cared about her and cherished her like she was still a baby.

"Ani eomma (no mom), I'm up now," Y/N said as she slowly lifted herself off the bed like a zombie, and walked towards her bathroom to get ready to go downstairs for breakfast.

Y/N's POV

I am going to Seoul today for my new university. I really am going to miss Y/H/T (my hometown), so many memories were made here ever since I was born. Luckily, I am going away from my annoying friends, but no matter how annoying they were, they were still the people with whom I felt like I belonged.

After I had a nice shower, I went to my wardrobe and pulled out some stylish but comfortable clothes that would not bother me on such a long flight. This is what I wore:

 This is what I wore:

Comfy right?

After I was done getting ready, I went downstairs to have breakfast.

"Oh, Mads, you look lovely today. I'm going to miss you so much. If it wasn't for us working here, we would never have let you go alone," my mom said as a single drop of tear slipped out of her eyes and rolled down her smooth cheeks.

"Oh, Eomma, you are so emotional." I said as I reached out to wipe her tears. "Don't worry, I will call you as soon as I land. I will be living in the campus hostel, so there is nothing to worry about. It will be safe there, and hopefully I'll find some friends if they don't think that I am a complete nerd," I said.

My mom got up from her seat and hugged me, saying, "Oh, don't worry, sweetie, you will surely make lots of friends because of your cheerful personality. They won't think of you as a nerd when they see what a precious gem you are and how unique you are.

After we were done with our breakfast, my mum told me to go and get my things so that my dad can load them in the car and get going. I went upstairs to do a final check of my luggage before I went downstairs with all my things and before I left my little world to go into a new and bigger world.

I got everything ready and was about to leave my room when something struck my mind, and I just totally froze on the spot. Oh my God!!! I almost forgot to leave the letter that I made for my parents in their room. I thought of doing this as soon as I got my university's approval. I just wrote about their daily schedules and what to do and what not to do since I am their only child and I really don't want my parents getting worried or sick when I am not around. Sometimes, I have this feeling that I am their parent and they are my children, given the way they act so carelessly about their health.