»»----- Chapter Thirteen -----««

Y/N POV

'How can someone living not have a heartbeat?'... That's the first thing that came across my mind because this is the second time that I didn't feel anything beating in him.

Maybe I should ask him. I looked at V and then around us and put that thought on hold because of the awkwardly packed lift that we were in at the moment. After the lift reached the ground floor, people started getting out of the tightly packed lift and the distance between us two started maximising. We got off of the lift and made our way to the café.

After a few minutes walk, we finally arrived at the café, we went inside and ordered our breakfast and sat down waiting for our food to arrive. We chose to sit at the corner table avoiding too much exposure because of the stupid fake blames on me. V and I were sitting opposite each other 'is it the right time to ask him? or is it not the right time to ask him?' I looked at him and thought to myself.

"What do you want to ask me y/n? You can ask already."

"How.... Did you know I have something going on in my mind?"

"I can hear people's thoughts"

"Lies, let me try then"

'Snowflakes' because why not?

"Hmmm... butterflies"

"Ha! You can't read minds. That's not what I thought of."

"Then what were you thinking of?"

"Not telling"

"Excuse me sir, ma'am your food. Enjoy" The waitress said as she laid our plates on the table and left.

We started eating and just then V looked at me for a while and started leaning in towards me. 'What is he doing?' He reached his hand out and cupped the side of my face and wiped the corner of my lip which caused my heart to almost pop out of my chest. 'WHAT IS HE DOING?!!?!?!!' 

"You seriously don't know how to eat properly, do you?" He said as he removed his hand and showed me his thumb that had chocolate syrup on it from the pancake that I was eating.

I mentally slapped myself on the face as I realised that my heart died and came back to life again and again because of pancake syrup. Like seriously. What. Was. I. Thinking?

After we were done with our breakfast, I put my mask back on and we walked back to the apartment to relax before the university day tomorrow and that was when I was going to ask V about the whole heartbeat thingy.

Author POV

They finally came back from the café and the only thing that has been bothering y/n since they left was to ask V if he is malfunctioned. 

"Hey, umm..., I know this is going to sound weird but on the street last night and in the elevator today when my head was on your chest I couldn't hear your heartbeat. I really don't know why, I think that my ears are bad or something but I actually couldn't"

"Hahaha" he gave a little laugh at Y/N's curiosity. "You didn't, right? And you never will." Y/N looked at V confused. "That is because my heart is on the right side of my body"

"Buh? but it should still be heard and felt when up close" 

"You don't believe me right?"

"Well... of course I'll have to believe you in that because how would you be alive then-"

 of course I'll have to believe you in that because how would you be alive then-"