»»----- Chapter Two -----««

Y/N POV

Just as I was about to put the letter on my parents' bed, I heard Eomma screaming her lungs out. At first I thought that maybe Appa was pranking her or something but if it was a prank, Appa would have been laughing right now and Eomma would have started her long taunts. But everything was so quiet...

A bit bothered with the dead silence, I went downstairs to check if everything was alright, with the letter still in my hand. I walked downstairs calling out for Eomma and Appa.

"Eomma?... Appa?... What happened?... Is everything alright?..." I kept asking but I got no reply.

I went in the living room, but nobody was there. I then went to the kitchen, nobody there either. I start thinking. They can't be in their room, I just came from there. The living room and kitchen are also empty. Where can they be? Maybe Eomma and Appa are outside. Yeah, I should check there..."

And with that, I went back to the living room and started to walk towards the front door when I saw the front door was slightly open. I walked cautiously towards the door thinking that there might be someone there except of my parents. I put the letter in my pocket and  grabbed my dad's baseball bat and opened the door immediately and walked out in defense position, ready to strike anyone who was a stranger and posed the signs of danger. 

I quickly looked around the place and saw nobody there. That's weird... I thought to myself. My parents can never leave the doors open like that and just be nowhere. I was about to take out my phone from my pocket when my letter fell. I bent over and picked up the letter and just as I was about to get back up, I saw a pool of blood and my mother laying lifeless on the ground with with her eyes open and blood all over her neck. Eomma!!!

I ran to her to check if she is alright. I picked her head up and put it on my lap thinking that she is conscious but when I looked at her, her eyes were not moving. They were just open and fixed to the front. I felt my heart get heavier and heavier as tears started to uncontrollably break out of my eyes when my fingers moved around her wrist to find a pulse.

I felt no pulse and so to my denial I then put my finger on her neck, no matter how hard I tried, the tears in my eyes kept blurring my vision and falling off my cheeks like a waterfall. My mother had no pulse and she was not even breathing. Her eyes were open and her skin went pale white and ice cold. I cried as I brushed my hand over face and closed her eyes, knowing what that means. I didn't want to accept that my mother is no more.

I cried while hugging my mother close to my chest, taking short sharp breaths as if all the air from the atmosphere was gone because of the grieving situation going on around me. All of a sudden I put my head up slightly towards the car thinking of taking Eomma to the hospital but then I saw a hand near the back tire covered in blood. 

I walked slowly towards that hand and saw that Appa was laying behind the car. His eyes were also open and blood- shod. His entire body looked contracted and small and his face looked pale white like Eomma's did. Appa!!! I ran to my father and shook him thinking that he would wake up from this deep sleep but nothing happened. I checked Appa's pulse and all I could feel was his ice cold skin. 

"One minute... my family was happy for me... we were talking, laughing and I was together with them... And the other minute... I am all alone... I have nobody left to who would actually care about me... everything has changed for me... My entire world has broken down..."

I looked at my father and then turned my head towards my mother. I then put my head down and cried as these words trembled out of my mouth.

In the evening...

Author's POV

It was getting dark since Y/N was so traumatized by the death of her parents that she just sat in between her mother and father and just stared into complete space. Her neighbour, Mrs. Bowie was coming back from work when she saw the horrific sight of two dead bodies covered in blood and their helpless daughter just sitting there in shock. She immediately called the police reporting them about the situation while trying to console Y/N who hasn't spoken a word after that.