»»----- Chapter Thirty -----««

Author's POV

"Who are you?"

Jungkook held his breath in and looked at Y/N in her eyes. "Stop joking around." He reached out to hold Y/N's arm and look at her wound.

"Don't touch me. Who are you? Who am I? Who are you all? What am I doing here?" She quickly moved back from the boys and looked around as if she hadn't been there for almost a month now.

Quickening her pace and walking backwards, she bumped into someone. She turned around to find Taehyung looking down at her. "What's all this noise about? I thought I told you not to cause any trouble, then why are you so onto getting on my nerves again?

"Who are you, and why are you shouting at me for god's sake?" The girl stood eye to eye with the king as she reflected his anger back at him.

"Taehyung, we might have a little problem; she's acting like she doesn't know us all of a sudden." Hoseok steps up, feeling the buildup of the conflict. "Why don't we take her to her room and call the royal physician to see what is going on? Is she affected by what happened today so much or what?"

✦—————♛—————✦

The moon hung low in the sky, casting long shadows through the transparent palace windows. The air in the palace was thick with unease after Y/N's memory loss. Y/N lay motionless on the ornate bed in the royal palace, her once-bright eyes clouded by confusion. Beside her, the boys, except Taehyung, all exchanged worried glances. Her memory was a shattered mirror; fragments of her past life were jumbled and scattered. She didn't remember her name or the people who surrounded her with concern.

As word spread through the palace, the royal physician, Dr. Hwang, was summoned to assess Y/N's condition. He examined her carefully, furrowing his brows as he considered her symptoms. After a thorough examination, he turned to the group with a solemn expression.

"I'm afraid Y/N has a rare allergy to thorns," the physician explained. "It's an incredibly rare condition, and any contact with thorns can result in memory loss, among other symptoms. She'll need rest and medication to recover."

The boys exchanged bewildered glances, the pieces of the puzzle slowly coming together. Taehyung, who had overheard the conversation, was called in to join the discussion.

As he entered the room, the physician turned to Taehyung and stated, "I believe you have an allergy as well, don't you, Your Highness?"

Taehyung nodded, his expression grave. "Yes, I'm allergic to roses."

The realisation hit the group like a lightning bolt. He was allergic to roses, while Y/N was allergic to thorns. They were two sides of the same coin, a paradox of nature. But this revelation also meant something else: they could help each other overcome their respective weaknesses. It was an ironic twist of fate that they were both bound by a shared vulnerability, though it also seemed to hold the key to unlocking Y/N's lost memories.

"It all makes sense now," Jimin said, his voice heavy with realization. "Y/N is allergic to thorns, and Taehyung is allergic to roses. The universe has a strange way of giving us clues about connecting them."

"Stop that." Taehyung flashed his green eyes at him and gritted his teeth.

"What? I'm just trying to piece together the information here. Don't act like you don't know." The Lord of Lust looked into the king's eyes mischievously.

"Your majesties? I have given her a few medications that will help her gain memories faster. I suggest that you let her have a little walk around when she wakes up to give her a stronger chance of recovering faster."