Chapter One (part one)

Chapter One

TALON KNIGHTLY

Planet Earth

" DNA is a ...,"

I groaned at Mrs Summers's squeaky and horribly stern voice that filled our Biology class. You'd think with her last name being, Summers, she'd be all sweet and kind but she was the opposite of that. She was a stern lady who relished in destroying the lives her pupils with endless tests.

With her deathly pale skin tone and a permanent scowl plastered on her visage she would make the perfect commander in the military. She was not even old yet she looked twice her age,which was forty-five. When people say smiling is a remedy for youthfulness they were not kidding.

I bet if she smiled a little bit it would make an immense difference. Just the meer thought of seeing a smile on her cold face made me shudder. I bet it was not a pleasant sight.

I stared at the unflattering outfit she wore. Her outfits were always the same every day but in different colours. Today she wore her signature suit which was pale sage and black one inch heels. A cream blouse was buttoned all the way to the collar. Her grey hair was pulled in a painfully neat and tight bun. Thick lense glasses hung on the bridge of her flared narrow nose.

" The structure of a DNA is ...,"

I found myself tuning her out and glaring at the clock that refused to speed up. It was like every time we were in this class it moved at an agonisingly slow pace.You can imagine how frustrating it was.

It was Friday and this was the last class of the day. This was by far the most tedious class we were forced to endure for the sake of graduating. This was the moment I wished some natural disaster could occur so that could escape this torture chamber.

I groaned yet again pulling at my messy hair deeply annoyed and antsy. A tap on my right shoulder caused me to look over my shoulder at my friend, Jason, who sat on the desk behind mine. He leaned closer to me a frown marred on his face. We both looked at where Mrs Summers was. She was writing a few notes on the smart board with a black marker.

" God,just look at her. She desperately needs to get laid. That'll loosen her up, " he snickered. I stifled a chuckle at what he said. That was Jason's favourite topic in this class. He was a strong believer of his crazy theories. One being that getting laid was the solution to every problem. All the crazy things he said always got us in detention.

" Dude, like, shut up. You know how she gets when she sees someone talking in her class. I really don't want to see myself stuck in detention, especially this day," I muttered.

" But you have to admit that I'm right. She...,' he was cut off by Mrs Summers.

" Mr Williams, would you like to share with the class whatever it is you're whispering to your friend?" she asked glaring at us, her arms folded over her chest.

" I was just telling my friend how refreshing and stimulating your lesson is Mrs Summers," he replied cooley. She narrowed her eyes at him not in the slightest happy about his answer. A few minutes ticked by while she mused over what to do with my friend. I could tell by the smirk on his face that he was going to get away with it.

" Do not talk in my class Mr Williams or you'll find yourself in detention, " she sneered then turned and resumed writing on the board. Another thing about Jason was that he was a cunning smooth talker. He got away with a lot of things because of his " talent".

The bell finally rang and I swear I heard my classmates cheering. All the learners were fighting their way out of the class. I could have sworn I saw a guy outside on his knees kissing the floor. That was just to show how good it felt to be out of this cell.