Chapter Eleven ( part one)

TALON KNIGHTLY

Izullar was right,lunar Karlic was the best bar in the Kela solar system. Of course I was not pleased with the extraterrestrial exotic dancers twirling around poles, no, the liquor was the best.

Getting intoxicated seemed like a good idea. The first thing I did was head to the bar and order some of their famous drinks. It took only two to have me drunk off my arse.

I spun the barstool and stared at the dance floor. Even through my blurred vision I could easily make out Izullar and Raed dancing with their arms wrapped around each other.

It was easy to see how in love they were with each other. They worked hard to get where they were now. If I had been Raed I would have stayed clear of the princess but he didn't. He nearly got his arse killed yet he still loved the very alien.

This was the moment I needed my mom most. She just knew how to make me feel better. Dad wouldn't understand. He was not the kind of person to console others, no. He only knew what weapons to use when inflicting pain.

Even though he never got to compete in the Azurak tournament his body was a weapon in itself. He had to be a man while he was still a teenager. All the years of training made him forget what it meant to be a normal teenager who had relationship issues.

I sighed tiredly then spun around. I stared at the empty bottle of beer. This was just depressing. I regretted ever leaving home. I didn't need this. I was not going to find love in the bottom of a beer bottle and I certainly wouldn't find love staring at half naked aliens.

Suddenly there were shouts and yelling at the entrance. I quickly stood up and headed to the commotion brewing at the door. A buff alien with tan scaly skin and blood red eyes had an unconscious lad over his shoulder and from the looks of it the lad was human and a newbie. He had no gas mask and he definitely didn't have an identity code. Something the aliens valued more than cash.

" Where did you find the human, Ilon?" I asked. " He fell infront of the club choking from our air," grumbled Ilon. " You best tend to him. He's seconds away from going in the afterlife. "

I nodded. He lowered the lad and I nearly fainted when I recognized who the lad was. Only Jason would do something this stupid.' Goodness. What have I done to deserve Jason as a friend?' I thought to myself.

I quickly tapped on my collar. It was  thin and silver with an electric blue square alert button that enabled all the foreign visitors of this planet to reach out to their companions in case they got lost.

Raed and Izullar were standing before me in minutes with panicked expressions. I stared at them. " We have to get him to the spacecraft now and I don't need to tell what will happen if we don't. "

Raed hauled Jason over his shoulder we hurried out of the bar to our spacecraft. When we got inside Izullar went to work on him. Raed laid him on the lower bed and ripped his shirt off.

Izullar placed shimmering discs in her hands and placed her hands flat against Jason's chest. Bright light flared out her hands and into Jase's body. The tendrils of light danced across his chest, some snaking their way up and some travelling down and disappearing in his pants.

I could feel a tear rolling down my face. I felt like crying and screaming at him for his foolishness. My head hurt and I felt like vomiting. I cursed getting drunk. Jason really needed me but I was not strong enough for him.

I hated feeling so weak and vulnerable and I guess it's the reason why dad never allowed me to drink. Intoxication was poison to a warrior's well being.

My eyes widened when Jason jolted out of unconsciousness. He was heaving and his breaths were shallow. Raed placed a respiratory mask over his nose and his breaths slowly evened out.