Chapter Seven (part one)

TALON KNIGHTLY

" Talon, honey, wake up," said a voice I knew all too well. I groaned and turned away from my mom. I had just travelled a month in space and I think I deserved to rest for a while.

" Talon, if you don't get out of bed I'm going to drag you to the downstairs to the kitchen and force feed you my awesome breakfast, " bellowed Freya, the worst mother to ever grace the earth.

" Okay, I'm up, I'm up. No need to yell," I grumbled getting out of bed. She beamed at me then walked to the door. " Does your friend eat human food?" she asked.

" He prefers raw meat above anything else, " I replied. She nodded and closed the door behind her.

I went to the bathroom and did my morning routine. I put on some black jeans and a simple white band t-shirt. I went to downstairs to the kitchen. Mom was dishing out breakfast while dad sat on a stool staring at his wife.

I mumbled a good morning poured cereal in a bowl along with milk. I had been away for three months and not once was I given cereal at that planet.

We had just arrived home last night. Mom couldn't stop crying. She had thought I was dead. Competing in the Azurak tournament meant that there was a high chance that you'd not make it. I had seeing some pretty terrifyingly hulky aliens at that planet.

It was truly a miracle that I had survived that death trap. When I was done eating, I placed it in the dishwasher.

" Have you seen Orin?" I enquired. My mom's face lit  up at what I said. It was clear to see that my mom had fallen under Orin's spell. There was just something calming and captivating about the correon.

Just been near him was enough to make you happy. An ethereal was what he was. Someone that perfect should not exist. I'm a guy and I admit that he is beautiful. I was still astonished that he was still single. Someone like him should have girls..., I mean boys stabbing each other for him.

" You'll find him in the woods, " responded mom. It was probably best that I give my parents some alone time. Something told me they had some catching up to do. The morning was awfully chilly. Winter was right in the corner.

I wore my camouflage jacket and combat boots then went outside. The woods were a few streets away from home. It was a fifteen minute walk from my street. I all but jogged to said woods.

Knowing Orin he was probably lost and terrified. When I entered the woods I walked along a narrow path leading deeper in the forest. When I was far enough I started getting worried.

I was thinking of the worst possible things that might happen to my alien friend. The local hunters could have have him mistaken for an animal and kill him or they might realize that he's a freak and shove him in the hands of mad scientists who are looking to enslave anything that they regard unnatural.

I was freaking out. If anything happened to him we could be faced with a correon invasion soon. I scanned my surroundings but I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Even the sounds were of birds and crickets, and a few wolf sounds here and there.
I took out one of my Lurak daggers. Suddenly something fell on my back. I was just to drive my dagger into the thing when I heard an all too familiar laughter. I spun around and came face to face with Orin who was bent over laughing his heart out.

" Really mature, Orin. Don't do that ever again. I could have stabbed you. Do not pull that stunt," I chastised him. He raised his hands up in surrender.

" I won't do it again, I promise but you should've seen your face, priceless," he chuckled. I couldn't help but chuckle as well. There was no getting mad at him.