Chapter Thirty-Five

Josie's P.O.V.

 As the days past, I was starting to get more and more excited about the wedding. It was going to be fun catching up with everyone and not even having to worry about anything with paps and tabloids.

My gradual relief ended though once Lily texted me a photo of a magazine she saw on a newsstand. It read: 

"Josie Castano eloped Luke Hemmings!" 

On it in big flashy letters along with a photo of the two of us from a while ago when we were out on the street together.  

"Thanks for inviting me to your wedding" Lily texted me sarcastically.  "Jesus. What does the article even say?" I texted back as she sent me more photos of the actual magazine pages.  

Luke and I had a total 4 page spread in a magazine that I'm pretty sure neither of us even talked to before. It said things like I was planning a secret wedding and the whole break up was just a cover up so we could elope in privacy. They claimed us to be like every other celebrity couple who got married in secret, but they have no idea how far from the case they really are. 

They printed out more and more pictures on the page, some that I haven't even seen before, some in our most intimate moments; that's what fucked me up the most. 

In that same instance I got another text. "My office. Now." Kate demanded. 

When I got to her building, I silently groaned at the sight of that familiar sky scraper. I wasn't even met with a greeting once I got inside her office, she immediately started off accusing me of things that I didn't even do. 

"I let you have your space. I know how break ups are, I used to be your age, so I let you deal with it on your own time and then this comes out?!" She yelled slapping the magazine in front of me before I could even sit down. 

"Are you even going to-"

"You really eloped Josie? I know you liked this boy, but you could find someone so much better, someone who will get you even more fame," 

"Kate stop!" I yelled. "I didn't like him, I loved him, but you made me end everything with him. I don't care about the fame, I don't fucking care about any of this! If he was dirt poor and a complete fucking nobody I'd still marry him instead of any other famous asshole you have lined up for me. You never even asked me once whether this was true or not and you know how much tabloids lie. No. I didn't elope. I haven't talked to him in months because of you. Happy?". 

"This is my job. I'm supposed to get you more publicity. We can work around this conspiracy then. We can- we can," she began saying as she was thinking about an idea that would help this situation. 

"I don't want to do anything. I just want to forget about this Kate," I groaned 

"You can't forget about it, it's the front fucking page and it will be for the next few days. I say you grab it by the horns, write a song about him, yes! Taylor swift the shit out of his ass!" She encouraged me 

"No way in fucking hell," I rejected her suggestion right off the bat I would never ever do that so close to the break up, not when I'm this emotional about everything because I know that it'll end up bad. When I write music, I put everything out there, it's everything on my mind that's on that page, I would be lying if I said that I didn't already have songs about him, but I'd never release them right now. I was just sad and frustrated when I wrote them, he deserves better than that, he deserves so much better than the shit I gave him.

"Well- fine. I can't force you to write a song, but just think about it," she said. "I'll do something about the magazine, but don't comment on anything else about the subject until I tell you to," she ordered me as I sighed. There was no use in protesting so I left the second she allowed me to.