Chapter Twenty-Eight

Luke’s P.O.V.

I threw on whatever piece of clean clothing I could find laying on the floor of my room and forced myself to move so I could get the guys off my back about leaving the house.

Mum looked really relieved to see me and it was nice seeing a smile on her face once she saw me step out of my room. That was probably the high light of the past few weeks if I’m going to be honest. I can’t even remember what it felt like to breath fresh air, so maybe this will be good for me. A night out with the guys doesn’t seem so bad.

“Luke Robert Hemmings is finally out!” Calum cheered once I climbed into Ashton’s car

“It’s been a while, we’re going to have some mad fun bro,” Michael patted me on the back 

“Mad fun? I thought we were just going for dinner?” I questioned noticing their sudden change in demeanor once the car started

These dicks, they knew I couldn’t get out of whatever they were setting up now since the vehicle was already in motion.

“Dinner and a few drinks,” Ashton shrugged making me groan

I wasn’t looking to get drunk tonight. When I was in a good mood, there was nothing wrong with getting intoxicated, hell, the boys and I would always have a celebratory beer after every one of our concerts once we got off the stage but right now I couldn’t think of a worse time to drink. Considering the thoughts that I was having and how poorly my mindset was at the moment I knew that bad things were about to happen, things that I’d rather not have happened especially when I’m still feeling like complete shit about everything.

When I was drunk, I’d let go, and even though that meant having fun, it also meant confiding in the first person who’d talk to me as long as I had the chance to relieve some stress and the guys knew that. They knew that they’d finally figure out what was going in my head these past few weeks once they got some alcohol into my veins. I was going to tell them how I was really feeling eventually, but I didn’t want to talk about it now. I didn’t want to even think about it.

“You’re all some real assholes you know that?” I scoffed leaning back in my seat

“You’ll thank us later Lukey boy,” Michael said

Ashton’s P.O.V.

We knew that Luke wasn’t going to go out with us if he knew what we were really planning. But this was for his own good, he’s been in his room for God knows how long and his mum has really been worried sick about him.

None of us have been in that serious of relationships considering our lifestyle, but a break up has never hit any of us this hard before.

What Luke doesn’t understand is that we were hurt too.

We loved Josie, she was the first girl in the business who really understood us, or at least that’s what we thought. When Luke told us what happened we couldn’t believe it. We thought he was just being bitter about the break up, but now we know how real it all was. How she lied to him, to all of us about everything. We swore to ourselves that we’d never be involved with people like her, people who only cared about the fame and fortune from the music business, it made me sick knowing that I fell for every word that came out of her mouth. We wrote a song with her for fucks sake and it was a good ass song too, all gone to waste on someone who doesn’t even deserve it.

Josie Castano, what a fucking joke.

And that’s where we come along for the night, Luke just needs to forget about her. Whenever the boys and I were stressed, we were always there for each there to pick ourselves back up so that’s exactly what we intended to do. But in Luke’s case, everything was different.