Chapter Thirty Seven

Josie's P.O.V.

When I was with Andy, for a second it actually felt like I had nothing wrong in my world. I couldn't remember anything else going on in my life except for what I was doing with him and I'm pretty sure that's a fucking miracle for me.

"Parks and rec marathon?" He suggested as we finished the second movie. Our clothes were probably way past done on the dryer already, but I haven't given myself the will to bring it up. I just wanted to stay in whatever bubble we were in on our date right now, but I knew that bubble had to be popped eventually. When I looked out the window, I saw that the sun was already down, and that was my que to call it a night. 

"Another time, I think I should be heading back home now," I said swinging my legs over the side of his bed to get up, but his grasp on my wrist pulled me back towards him.

"One more movie, please," he pouted looking at me with puppy dog eyes as I let out a fake sigh

"Just one more," I accepted his excuse and leant my head against his shoulder as we picked out the next one

I don't know if the movie was boring or if I was just dead tired from today's activities, but the next thing I knew I was knocked out right next to him and woke up to his arms held uncomfortably around me.

"Holy shit," I yawned waking him up and pushing his limbs away from me

"When did we fall asleep?" I asked

"Well I made it through the entire movie, but you barely made it halfway," he let out a small raspy laugh

Everything about this felt so familiar but so wrong at the same time. Falling asleep next to him, waking up to his face instead of- instead of Luke's. 

Fuck. Why did I even do this?

Luke's P.O.V.

Julia would not stop asking why I didn't meet the fans until she eventually fell asleep and thankfully she was too groggy by the time the plane landed to continue her interrogation. But the second we made it out into the actual airport, we, more specifically, I, was bombarded with another interrogation coming from full grown men taking photos of me. The paps were here and nothing has changed about how ruthless they were, they always did just get right down to business. A mixture of fans and paps screamed out for me along with the other guys as security led all five of us out into our car outside, but what the paps were asking me about was on a topic that I had absolutely no idea about. 

 "How's your marriage with Josie?!" 

 "We know you eloped you don't need that fake stand in anymore!" Another pap yelled referring to Julia whom I was keeping very close to me in case the security couldn't do a good enough job.

Eloped? What the fuck is this?

"Tell us about the wedding!" 

 "How's Josie been? She's gone completely off the grid these days so honeymoon must be intense huh?" 

 I was met by the weird looks coming from both the guys and Julia as we tried forcing our way through the crowd. The mob formed around us as a result of aggressive fans and camera men made it impossible to attempt to meet anyone even if I wanted to and it was making the situation a lot worse. I wanted to know just what in hell they were talking about, but I knew I couldn't just blurt out it out so I kept my mouth shut until we made it into the safe vicinity of our van. 

 "Eloped? With Josie? The fuck are they on about?" Calum questioned once the car was in motion and we headed toward our rented home in LA for the next however many months we'll be spending here.   

"I don't know," I muttered taking my phone out to see what I missed during our flight. Once I logged into Twitter I finally realized what the commotion was about. My tl and notifications were stacked all on just one topic, the subject of Josie and I getting secretly married. I couldn't help but roll my eyes, this was probably just another scheme of hers since the news of our break up was beginning to die down. She always needed to be in the spotlight didn't she?

"Unbelievable," Michael scoffed seeing the news on his own phone as Ash and Cal soon understood as well. Julia was the only one who refused to believe it. 

 "I know there are low people in the world but I really don't think she's one of them," Julia spoke scrolling down my phone to see the rest of what the fans had to say on the entire situation. Some felt like I lied to them some how, like I betrayed them by not telling. As if I was entitled to tell them every little thing happening in my life, when I really didn't. It wasn't even the truth and I was already getting annoyed with the hate they were sending to me. I didn't do anything, I was on a plane for twelve god damn hours and everyone has the audacity to come and investigate the bullshit that I was thrown into by a girl, by a ruthless cruel girl, who I want absolutely nothing to do with at this point. I'd do anything to erase her completely out of my life, to get the thought of her out of my mind for even more than a fraction of a fucking second, but I couldn't. I just fucking couldn't. 

 Julia's P.O.V. 

"Are you reading what we're reading Jules? She directly confirmed it with paps straight to their faces!" Michael exasperated 

 I could tell that Ashton wanted to put his two cents in as well but ever since our last conversation at my place, I haven't even been coming close to wanting to talk to him again. 

 "Oh cmon, you guys of all people should know that they like to twist people's words," I spoke 

 I was right and they knew I was right too, but they just wanted another excuse to justify their hatred towards her. 

 "She was always so sarcastic, maybe they took her response on the wrong way," Ashton commented trying to support me to make the situation between us a little better 

 "Are you seriously defending her after everything she's done to us? Who's side are you on?" Luke accused both Ashton and I, a little aggravated that we even attempted to salvage her reputation between the five of us 

"I'm on no ones side, but I strongly believe that anyone is innocent until proven guilty and she has given me no reason to even remotely suspect her of being guilty," I said honestly 

 "Have you listened to us talk about her? That should be evidence enough," Calum argued as I groaned 

 They didn't get it. Whenever I watched interviews with the four of them and Josie was invited into the mix, I never saw a girl desperate for more fame, I never saw the greediness and selfishness that the guys would always portray her as. I didn't see anything close to a bitch in my eyes. I saw a genuine girl just enjoying her time with her mates, I saw the glint of love entangled in her eyes when she glanced at Luke who was always at her side and I knew Luke had the same feelings towards her at the time as well. Maybe what they think she did to them was wrong, but she hasn't done anything to me so I'm not going to put out even more negativity into her world, she gets enough of that from the guys and especially the public. I feel for her, even when I log onto my Twitter, her name always finds room to spread into my tl and I always seem to find myself reading every single little bit of hate that she gets sent. It's awful really how badly words can hurt and I would never wish that type of pain on anyone regardless of what they did.