Chapter Twenty-Six

Josie’s P.O.V.

During the middle of the week, I forced myself to do something productive. Before, I was just waiting for Friday, the day I’d finally have to do something I never thought I’d have to actually go through with Luke. My suitcase was still packed and the clothes I changed out of from the day I landed were still lying on the floor where I left them a few days ago. I picked them up about to put them in my laundry basket to wash before hearing a crinkling sound coming from one of the pockets of my jacket.

It was Luke’s note:

Hi baby, sorry this is messy, I’m writing this on the way to the airport and I told the driver to break speed limit to get to you in time. I know I’m going to reach you before you enter your terminal, but I wanted something to give to you anyways. You have no idea how happy you’ve made me throughout the entire tour, I never thought it would happen. When you pulled that whole diva thing on me the first day we met, I assumed that none of this was even going to work out, and now I can’t believe I won’t be waking up next to your beautiful face tomorrow morning. I know you have to leave though. You need to get better babe. I don’t know what the guys and I are going to do during the last week of tour without you. They’re all pretty gutted you had to leave without a goodbye, but their expecting a hello once you land and call me and I promised them that so don’t forget it. I love you so much Josie. I just feel so lucky that I get to tell you that and that I actually had the chance of getting to know you throughout our time together. I don’t know why I’m writing this like it’s a goodbye letter, I know I’ll see you again. So instead this is my “I’ll see you soon” letter, we’re pulling up to the front of the airport right now, I love you. I’ll see you soon.

By the end of that I was in tears. The day that I had to tell him it was over was coming closer and closer and I had absolutely no fucking idea how I was going to be able to bring myself to do it. Luke was everything to me, I wish this was puppy love, where we were still just going through the honeymoon phase and our feelings for each other would die down, but it honestly wasn’t. I knew he was the one I wanted to spend my saturday with, the one who I want my parents to meet, my family to love, everything. For the first time, I felt so natural with him. I didn’t have to put on a show for him, or make him want to stay. He was already here for the long run, but now that’s over.

Right when the thoughts of him began flooding into my mind, an even sharper pain intruded it. The doctor advised me to stay away from stress, from anxiety because my concussion was just starting to heal but I couldn’t manage it. I couldn’t manage the truth. I sat myself on the floor trying to calm myself down, but it was only making it worse. I would’ve been there for an eternity if my house keeper hadn’t come by to check on the house since even she herself wasn’t aware that I had to come home early. She drove me to the hospital and that’s how I landed in this position.

A hospital bed.

“Knock knock,” Kate’s voice chimed through the wooden door of my room inside the hospital

I don’t know why she did that, I didn’t even answer but she opened the door and let herself in anyways

“Jojo how ya feeling?” She asked

“How do you think I’m feeling?” I snapped

Everything she’s been putting on me was the entire reason why I was back in here anyways and she knew that without me having to tell her. The look on her face showed no remorse though, not a single ounce of regret or sympathy at the sight of me laying in a hospital bed from her doing. She knew that I didn’t want to end things with Luke and she also knew she was the only one who could stop me from doing it but she didn’t, she was the reason why I had to do it. I know hate is a strong word but right now I can’t find a better word to describe my feelings towards her.