Chapter Twenty-Five

Josie’s P.O.V.

The flight back home was nothing special, I slept through the entire thing, but once I woke up I still couldn’t believe it was real. I was so used to seeing Luke right beside me in another hotel room or in his bunk but now my eyes fluttered open to a flight attendant politely waking me up. Kate sent a driver to pick me up from the airport and I was in home in under half an hour from landing. It was nice seeing everything as it was again. My house still looked exactly the same with one of my friends house sitting while I was gone. The first thing I did when I came in was drop my suitcase on the floor and dump my body onto my bed. Even though I slept the entire flight I felt even more exhausted and since it was night time where I was, I decided to continue sleeping it off. But I wasn’t  sure whether it was the jet lag or the effects of the concussion that made me so tired. 

I woke up with the sun streaming through my windows like it always did and my first instinct was to call Luke. I completely forgot about calling him once I landed because of how tired I was so when I checked my phone I had about five missed calls from him and a few texts from the rest of the guys asking if I landed safely. I was about to press the call button on Luke’s number, when Kate called me instead.

"Hello?" You answered still groggy from your sleep

"Josie baby, how are you doing? Are you alright?" Kate asked with a hint of insincerity in her voice like it always had

"I’m doing just fine Kate," I sighed hoping that’s all she wanted to know so that I could get back to getting in contact with Luke

"Fine enough to come by my office?" She asked

"You always want something don’t you?" You groaned

"Just come, we have some important things to discuss," Was all she said before hanging up

I kept my head tucked onto my soft pillows before having to force myself to get up. I expected her to be a lot more sensitive considering the fact that I have slight brain damage, but of course she wouldn’t, this was all business to her. I threw on a shirt and some jeans before covering myself in a jacket and slipping on any shoe I could find. I didn’t know what she wanted to talk about, but I just wanted to get it over and done with so I could go back to resting. 

I backed my car out of my gated home feeling a sense of familiarity with my surroundings again, but once I was fully out I noticed something else that I did not miss at all. I landed only a little over 15 hours ago and the paps already knew I was back so by the time I was spotted coming out of my house, they were already flashing pictures for their latest cover story. The flashing lights from their cameras were not helping me at all, it was making me feel even worse actually. I put shades on in hopes of hindering a more severe pain from occurring in my mind as I drove away to Kate’s office building.

Once I got there I kept my sunglasses on in case there were more photographers waiting for me there but fortunately the coast was clear. I entered saying hello to the staff and security who I’ve become somewhat close with since I’d come to Kate’s office a lot before the tour with the guys. The news of me getting rammed into by one of 5sos’ die hard fans spread like wildfire and one of the first things they’d ask was if I was doing okay, I’d assure them by saying yes, and I swore to myself that I wouldn’t let the information about my concussion slip because it would be even more bad publicity for the guys. Even though it wasn’t even close to being their faults, the tabloids still managed to put the blame on them for something that they had no control over. 

"Hey Kate," I greeted her as I walked into her office

"Josie, it’s been a while nice to see you," She said giving out her signature fake smile to me as I took a seat on the chair in front of her desk