Chapter Fourty-Two

Julia's P.O.V.
"Uh excuse me..." I heard a voice say before my eyes opened
The sun blinded my eyes before I actually realized my surroundings. A girl who looked around the age of 10 was standing next to my side looking down at me as I felt the grass rustle beside me.
"Oh shit we fell asleep," Luke yawned
"Language," I tsked at him before hearing the girl laugh
"You guys should probably leave before my dad comes out," she warned us
Wiping the grass from my jeans I got myself up and helped Luke up as well watching as the girl continued to stare at him even as he stood up.
"You're tall," she giggled looking up at him
"I get that a lot," he laughed
Once we made it over the fence, it never once occurred to me what time it was, but our little adventure was short lived once Ashton grabbed hold of the phone and reprimanded us almost immediately after everyone realized that neither of us were in our rooms right now. The wedding began at 12 and as Ashton kept repeating to us over and over again, it was 11 am. By the time we made it to the hotel, we only had 30 minutes left to get ready in order to make it on time and all three of the guys were all ready by now.
"If you aren't done in under five minutes we'll be late!" Calum groaned banging outside my door until I heard Luke's voice in the hallway
"Look, the three of you go now and Julia and I will meet you there, so we won't make you late," Luke compromised
I assumed that the sudden quietness outside my room was a sign that they all left already which made me feel a bit relieved knowing that they all weren't waiting on me, but by the time I was finished, Luke wasn't. Here he was still on his room doing his hair.
Josie's P.O.V.
I tried to hide my face from the paps as I walked out of the restaurant but they could clearly tell that something was wrong. They immediately started hitting me with questions like who he was, if this was a date, if I was blowing him off, or if this was a break up, but I kept myself calm and kept my mouth shut. Once I got home, I started packing my suitcase for my flight in just a few hours. Because the flight would be around 7 hours and the only airport left open was 2 hours away from the actual event, the second I landed, I would have to take a cab to Alex's place which he allowed me to leave my bags at since he was going on his honeymoon right after the wedding then straight to the venue.
During this time, Kate was calling me over and over again but each time I would press decline. I knew that Andy probably told Kate everything and spread that photo like wildfire to every social outlet out there, but as of right now I couldn't care less, I was just so happy to get a break from everything. I got on the plane and left my phone off for the entire flight, to make sure that it was absolutely impossible for anyone to contact me. When I landed, I didn't even bother turning it back on. It felt like such a relief to not be holding it in my hand every where I went in case I got messages about something important, this was my time right now, and I plan on using every minute of my vacation away from everything work related.
Of course I was dead tired by now and jet lagged, but I was still excited for the wedding, Alex and I had the same friends in the industry so it would be great to see a lot of familiar faces there, and after so long, I'd finally get to see this boy get married to the love of his life. Getting off the plane on the east coast was pretty weird though, the storm warnings were no joke seeing as even the skies two hours away from Baltimore were just as grey as expected to be when thunder and lightning was coming. It was lightly sprinkling when I stepped out, and I was fairly certain that it would be even worse once I begin heading towards the wedding.
Luke's P.O.V.
"The storm is gonna roll in and ruin your hair anyways," I heard Julia comment from behind me as she walked into my room
"It'll look perfect before that happens," I rebutted still focusing on my locks in the mirror of the bathroom until she came up behind me
"Let me do it, it'll be faster," she suggested
"Only professionals are allowed to touch my hair," I told her
"Well I am a professional, Hemmings," she rolled her eyes before I turned around, I knew she wouldn't stop until I let her do what she wanted so I went along with it anyways I took a seat on the counter of the sink since my height would make it hard for her to effectively reach the top of my head. As we were leveled, she placed herself between my legs, lifting her arms up to my hair and did whatever she could to fix it. I kept my eyes on her, trying to keep myself from laughing at how focused she looked, but she noticed.
"This is the face of determination, Luke, don't laugh," she said
"Determination or constipation?" I asked hearing her scoff
"Shut up, you don't have the prettiest face in the world either," she groaned before stepping back to look at my hair at a different angle
"Don't I?" I questioned standing up looking down at her in a jokingly intimidating way as she laughed
"Definitely not," she shook her head
"You should take that back," I said taking a step closer to her as she stepped back in response
"Why would I take back the truth?" She raised her eyebrow
"Because it's not the truth,"
"You can bet your ass that I'm ten times prettier than you," she laughed
"Julia, just admit that I'm more attractive than you," I said taking another step, but this time she stayed in place
"Then I'd be lying," she argued
"You know I'm attractive,"
"Not more attractive than I am," she spoke with confidence
"So you do think I'm attractive," I smirked as she scoffed
"Of course you're attractive, you're the lead singer of a boy band, you have to be," she smirked back knowing that I hated the band being labeled as a boy band
"You're dead," was all I said
Just at those words, she began running. She made it out of the bathroom getting over to the other side of the bed as I stood at the opposite end.
"Let's just take it easy," she said raising her hands up
"You're still dead," I said immediately rushing to the other side, but she began jumping onto the bed about to reach the other side. In a quick move, I grabbed her ankle and pulled it back towards me as she let out a light scream followed by laughter. The momentum made me lose my balance on the edge of the bed, making me fall on top of her as she continued laughing.
"You're so dumb," she giggled
"Admit the truth!" I said
"I'm prettier than you," she said
"Admit the real truth,"
"Or what?"
"Or I'll crush you,"
"Sure you're tall but you can't crush me," she challenged me as I laid my body on hers making the both of us laugh, my elbows were on either side of her head, while her arms were holding onto my forearms, not having anymore room to go anywhere else as she looked up at me
"You're totally crushing me," she said sarcastically
"I know I am, now admit that I'm prettier than you,"
"Even from this view, I'm still better looking," she said making me groan
She was a stubborn one, she really was. But looking down at her, her eyes were lit up, her smiling still as evident as ever. It made me so happy just seeing her happy. At this point, I was fully on top of her, but there was not one uncomfortable second about this. It was comfortable, almost too comfortable. It was a type of comfort that I always searched in the people I'd come across and it seemed to have found its way to her. But with her, there was always a challenge, there was always something that made me question everything I stood for with her. Sure we were close friends, but I always asked myself if we could be closer. So I tested the waters.
"Well you are pretty cute from this view too," I mentioned watching her blush underneath me
"Cuter than you that's for sure," she said a little quieter as if she was a bit nervous at my movements
"What was that?" I questioned lowering my face a little closer to hers just barely stopping before our noses touched
"Uh- I- I lost my train of thought," she stuttered looking into my eyes hesitantly
She slowly leaned her head in as well, decreasing the amount of space between us every second until our lips met in the middle. It was slow at first, I let myself settle onto hers until she began hungrily moving against mine. Her hands left their resting place on my forearms and moved to my head, running her fingers through my hair until we let go to catch our breaths.
"Holy shit," she panted, fingers still in my hair as I let out a laugh
"That was-"
"That can't happen again," she said almost immediately as she quickly took her hands from my head and used them to lightly push my shoulders off of her, I was on my side, watching her sit up in shock.
"Was it bad? Did you not want it?" I started second guessing my over act of confidence
"No- it wasn't. That's not the point. It just can't happen again, Luke,"