Chapter Fourty-Three

Josie's P.O.V.

The second I got to Alex's house, I slipped my dress on as quickly as I could, and rushed out with my heels still in my hands as I got back into the cab on route to the wedding. It was beautiful, in the country side where it would take paps forever to find if they wanted to. The area was secluded, but perfect for the type of wedding that they wanted. They wanted intimate and special and they definitely achieved that.

Once I got to the venue, I was thanking God that there were still people walking in and out of the building. Lily squealed the second she saw me walking in and I was greeted by 3 out of 4 of the All Time Low guys in the process.

"Jack made a bet with me that you'd be late like usually, so I'd like to thank you for making him hand me $10," Lily smiled watching as Jack took out his wallet to pay her

"C'mon, you should've had a little bit more faith in me, it's Alex's wedding day after all," I told him as he shook his head laughing

"This is just a one time thing, you're the type of person to be late to your own funeral, Jojo," he joked as Lily and I took our seats right in the front row. Once the ceremony was beginning to cut close, the wedding party began heading to their separate rooms so they could be coordinated out accordingly.

"I'm starving, I really hope the catering at tonight's party is good," Lily spoke

"I know. The last time I ate was before my fli-" I was about to say before being cut off by the sound of the front doors opening, silence cut through the room almost immediately expecting the wedding music to begin playing

"Oh my god it's starting," Lily said enthusiastically before turning around

"Wait, it's just some more random people," she continued turning back around to face me

"Really who?" I questioned wanting to know who showed up late like this, I'm sure that if I came ten minutes after I did, I would've been in that same position

Turning around, I stared straight at the open door where two people walked in. But the light coming from behind them casted a shadow over their faces making them look like silhouettes.

"I don't know, I can't tell," she shrugged

Luke's P.O.V.

We both sat there at the edge of the bed in silence for quite a while. I don't know what it was. It wasn't all awkward, but it wasn't the most comfortable position we've been in together. None of us wanted to say the first word after what happened, but the sound of my phone ringing broke the silence.

"We're already at the venue, have you guys even left yet?" Ashton asked once I answered

"I- uh- we're on our way now, just save us some seats," I told him standing up

"Alright, just hurry up," he said before hanging up I didn't even have to tell her, she got up right away and headed for the door as I followed behind her. Getting into the car was an even less comforting experience, I opened the door for her out of habit and she gave me a small thank you, but the twenty minute ride to the venue was all silent until the last few minutes.

"Are we- are we going to talk about what happened?" I questioned

I knew for sure that the change in our dynamic would be noticeable within the whole group once we got to the wedding, and if we didn't discuss this now, it would eventually pop into an even bigger conversation later.

"It shouldn't have happened, that's all either of us needs to say," she claimed

"Why shouldn't it have? You were feeling it and I was too,"

"We shouldn't be feeling anything, we're just friends,"

"Friends can kiss, it doesn't mean things have to change," I reasoned

"I'm not afraid of change, I just- Look, this isn't the time, we have to go,"

The car pulled up to the venue before she could go any further into the topic, and she opened the door and stepped out before I could even say anything else. She stepped up the stairs of the venue as I strided behind her trying to catch up. Opening the door, we were met by complete silence. Everyone was sat down, all eyes on us. It was packed, but fortunately, Calum quickly got our attention by raising his hand to signal where they were.

"Sorry," I muttered apologizing to those who probably expected the wedding party to be walking in right now instead of us

"Nice one," Michael commented once we got to our seats next to them

"Shut up," I groaned

"It's starting, be quiet," Ashton reprimanded us making our mouths shut

Alex walked out first receiving quiet sounds of encouragement from the audience including us as he waved at everyone he made eye contact with. A smile was plastered on his face as it should be on his wedding day. Following behind him were the groomsmen with the bridesmaids walking hand in hand before they got to the alter and separated onto their respectable sides. The pianist began playing "Here comes the bride" once the flower girl and ring bearer stepped out onto the isle and everyone was focused on the next person. Lisa walked out in her gown with a smile glowing on her face. She didn't look around when she entered, she stared straight at Alex at the end of the isle.

"I promised myself I wouldn't cry," I heard Calum whisper to Julia who was sat in between the both of us as she let out a small laugh at his joke

She seemed to be okay now even though the kiss happened. If she wanted to put on a happy face for the wedding, then I guess I have to go along with it too. I looked at Alex at the front noticing the water in his eyes as his best man gave him a pat on the back to support him. He looked so happy up there, he was marrying the love of his life so he has every reason to be. As the ceremony continued, I couldn't recall one second where Alex's eyes weren't stuck on Lisa even as the officiant was speaking to him. They both just looked so in love. The second they were given the go to kiss, everyone was up on their feet clapping and cheering for them. But as I looked to the happy couple in the front I noticed something, it had to be impossible. There was a girl in the front row, and although I could only see the back of her, everything about her seemed so familiar. But it couldn't be.