Chapter Thirty-Eight

Julia's P.O.V. 

When we got to the LA house that the guys rented out, Luke was as heated as ever. He stormed into the first room he walked into and called it his and ended up locking himself in it while the rest of us were still unloading the van with our things. If I really thought about it, his actions were for the better because nowadays when he was angry, there was nothing controlling him, not even me. We arrived in the states early afternoon, but it was already the next morning and Luke still had himself holed up in his room. 

 "Luke?" I knocked on his locked door to a seemingly empty space. "You gotta eat something, Hemmings," I sighed leaning my forehead against the door as he continued to ignore my words. "The boys and I are going out for breakfast before the studio, if you're not down in fifteen then we're leaving," I announced giving up my pointless attempts to get something, anything out of him.  

When the time came, Luke still remained in his room so that's when we left. But leaving the house was a different story. We hadn't even been here for more than 24 hours but there were still already a few fans waiting outside. Before I would've been surprised at this, quite possibly impressed by their quick appearance, but because of how much time I spent with the guys, I became desensitized by their lifestyle. It was normal to have paps near me, it was normal to have complete strangers yell at me either to ask questions or to voice their opinion both positive and negative, it was normal to be followed and to be stopped on the street by fans of them. 

 "I don't know what to do about him," I sighed as we took our seat at the restaurant

"Maybe after today, he'll be good. Just let him come back to the music," Calum spoke 

 "I still can't believe what Josie did," Michael muttered scrolling down his phone to see even more information being written about the "marriage" 

 "I don't believe it all," I stated once again

 "You don't know her," Calum claimed 

 "You just- you think you know a person and they end up being the complete opposite," Ashton explained as I scoffed 

"You obviously should know from experience," I rolled my eyes shutting him up for a second 

 "Okay, we're going to talk," he said getting a firm grab on my arm as he pulled me up from the table and to one of the bathrooms 

 "I don't want to talk to you," I said about to open the door to get out until he slammed the door in front of me shut with his arm standing face to face with me. My back was against the door as his arm was placed next to my head to keep me from trying to leave again. 

 "Let me out," I demanded 

 "Then let me have a damn word, Julia," he retorted still keeping his stance right in front of me as I was forced to comply

"Are you going to be mad at me forever? I said I was sorry for fucks sake and I told you the truth, that's better than what the average guy would've done," he argued 

 "And what would the average guy do? Fuck their best friend like any other girl they take home? Because you were pretty close to doing that too," I reminded him

"I don't know what else you want me to do!" He said almost yelling, he backed away from me as if it would release the tension already established between us 

"I just- what if we didn't stop at the kiss that night? Would you have still given me the same apology? Like you had every bit of remorse on your body just at the idea of doing it," I said 

 All I was wondering was whether or not he would've regretted his decisions if we had chosen to go farther. If he would've still taken back his words the night before, if he still would've said that he liked me more than a friend and actually meant it.