Chapter Thirteen

Josie’s P.O.V.

We headed down to the venue just in time for sound check to end and Luke to make it to the stage for the concert to start

"Sorry for the late arrival! My voice is a little rough right now but I couldn’t let an illness keep me from seeing all of your beautiful faces!" Luke announced into the microphone looking towards the side stage to wink at me

I let out a small laugh before smiling back at him as they began the concert

Could I be into him? Of course I loved the lad. He was with me every single day, but ever since I saw him with that girl after the vmas, I just could never think of him as the same. I was totally and completely infatuated with him and it all came crashing down with a groupie he met at an after party. That’s what you get for letting your guard down Josie. Of course he’s made it up to me by now, but it would’ve never worked out anyways. He’ll only think of me as a friend and we have to “break up” in less than two months. I guess I’m not really cut out for this whole love thing. I mean what’s the point of falling in love? Someone always ends up getting hurt one way or another.

We drove back to the hotel since we had another two nights left in that town and Luke was exhausted to say the least. His constant cough attacks were keeping me up but I couldn’t blame him for being sick. It was around 3 am and I decided to go out into the balcony to get some quiet time for a little while. I took the extra blanket that the hotel supplied us with and wrapped it around myself as I sat down on the couch outside overlooking the city.

Was this what fame is all about? Faking it to make it? Through the years in the music industry, I’d hear stories about people who made it but couldn’t keep it. Great legends who’s names have been long forgotten, one hit wonders. Would I be one of those people? Hell I was only 19, could my career already be down the drain?

That’s when it popped. I slid the blanket off my shoulders letting the cool night air hit my skin and quietly ran inside to grab Luke’s guitar and my song book. This won’t be the end of me I swear it wont.

And it happened. I was out there on that balcony jotting down melodies in my head, writing lyrics about all my experience throughout my journey with Luke and the rest of the guys. I hadn’t even realized how long I was out there until I started watching the sun start to rise.

"Hey," Luke yawned as he came out of the balcony to sit next to me

"What are you doing out here so early?" He asked

"I got some new songs down," I smiled

"Really? Let me hear them,"

I got five songs written before Luke even woke up. Some were about life, adventures, and love was added into the mix. But all of them gave me the same spark as I sung to Luke.

"That was… amazing Josie," Luke breathed

Luke’s P.O.V.

When Josie sang to me all I saw was the passion she had in her eyes. All her sings spilled out the truth and it made me fall even more in love with her. She was so raw and real, there was nothing more beautiful than that.

"That was… amazing Josie,"

"You think so?" She asked excitedly placing the guitar down on her lap

I gave her a small nod before leaning in to notice a small glimmer in her eyes as the sun rose in front of us letting the light fill our balcony with every passing second.

This is it Luke. If you’re finally going to tell her then do it now. Just fucking do it.

"Remember when I had to tell you something last night?" I asked quietly subconsciously biting my lip ring out of habit

"Yeah," she answered as I watched her eyes wander down to my lips.

Did she want this too?

I placed my hand on her cheek before moving in closer

"Josie… I think I-"

Josie’s P.O.V.

"Remember when I had to tell you something last night?" Luke asked

I watched him bite his lipring and I knew that was a little nervous tick of his, but I also couldn’t help but notice how soft they looked and it brought my mind back to our first kiss. I wonder if they’d still feel the same as before. 

No Josie snap out of it. Don’t fall for him, you’ll just get hurt again.

Fuck it.

I leaned in closer as he placed a hand on my cheek

"Josie… I think I-"

"Hey we’re going down to get the free breakfast are you guys coming?!" Calum yelled from the balcony next to us

Shit Josie what were you about to do. I looked down immediately moving my head away from his.

"Yeah we’ll be out in a minute!" I yelled back

I took a deep breath before standing up to put his guitar away

"Wait!" Luke said

"Calum can all of you come over here first?" Luke asked from across the balcony

Calum nodded while I stood there confused

"What are you doing?" I asked him

"I have something," Luke said walking past me to open the door

I sat back down on the couch out on the balcony thinking about what could’ve happened. Should it have happened?

"We’re hungry could you hurry this up?" Michael yawned sitting down next to me as Ashton and Calum followed behind him

"Remember that old melody we made up a while ago but couldn’t think of any lyrics?" Luke asked as I handed over the guitar to him

"Yes?" Ashton questioned

"What if we collaborate with Josie to get them?" Luke suggested looking at me 

"That would be sick mate, we should do it," Calum commented

"You really want to?" I asked

And that was all I needed to start off the writing process. The tune they came up with fit perfectly with the lyrics I had set in my mind and of course they added their own little twists to it as well. We had the whole song down in less than two hours and it was a different experience writing with these guys. I’ve written with other artists before but I knew this was something else. This was something special.