𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

( 𝖺𝗎𝖽𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 )

"YOU TOLD HIM YOU STILL LOVE HIM?" Lina asked as the two were in Mary's room debriefing the first day of school.

"Yup" Mary said as she stuffed her face with sour patch kids. "I'm an idiot aren't I?" She asked and Lina paused for a second.

"Well, I mean at least you got it out of your system, so I say you're not a whole idiot maybe 25%" Lina told the girl and Mary threw a sour patch kid at her. The two laughed as the mood was brought up again.

"So, you gonna take my advice and audition?" Lina asked and Mary began to think.

Maybe she will. She needs a good distraction and after Ricky Bowen, boy did she need a better one than that. "Yeah, actually, I think I will"

"Gabriella?" Lina asked with hope and it was quickly taken away as Mary shook her head.

"I was thinking Kelsi" Mary said and Lina gave her a small smile. "I already know how to play piano so not only could I act in the play, but I can still help in the pit"

"You and the pit, that's a whole obsession I will never understand. You need to be put on My Strange Addictions, yours is being in the pit" Lina joked and for the rest of the night the two best friends had their fun, shared their jokes, lived their fun teenage lives, just for it all to end on Tuesday

"People! Make sure your audition number is clearly visible on your clothes. This isn't a game" Carlos announced to the group of kids in the dressing rooms.

Lina was standing next to Mary as she helped her get ready. "You're so totally gonna get the role of Kelsey, how can you not, you wear glasses—occasionally—you play piano and you're well, you're Mary freaking Montez!"

"Keep your voice down, people are gonna ask us to leave the school premises again, remember last year" Mary said to the girl as the two were reminded of the horror that was health class.

"Listen, I didn't think they would show the whole birthing scene, I thought we were watching a barbie movie" Lina defended herself and Mary rolled her eyes playfully at her.

"You're such an idiot" Mary joked as she retouched her red lipstick.

"And you're such a loser" Lina joked back.

"Okay theater people! let's do this!" Ms. Jenn said and the theater kids began to scream in excitement while Mary was now feeling the adrenaline and fear course through her.

"I'm gonna shit my pants" Mary blurted out in fear.

"Okay, let's not to that maybe, listen, you'll be okay, i'll be in the audience cheering you on" Lina assured the girl and Mary nodded and hugged her.

"Thank you"

Mary forgot how much she hated dancing, she hated it as much as she hated playing the violin. Once the warm up was done she reached for her bottle of water as she felt like she was dying. "Everyone pair up, not with a friend, theater is a community"

"You okay over there?" Mary looked up and saw Ashlyn, a girl in her physics class.

"Yeah, Ashlyn right?" Mary asked and she nodded.

"And your Rosemary, right?"

"Mary" She corrected and Ashlyn nodded. "I forgot how much I hated dancing, or just exercise in general" Mary joked and Ashlyn laughed along.