𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

( 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗎𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗀𝖺𝗆𝖾𝗌 )

JUNE 2019

IT WAS ANOTHER NIGHT where Ricky snuck into Mary's room during that summer. The two were cuddling on her bed watching yet another glee episode. Her head was resting on his chest with her arm across his stomach. One of his arms wrapped around her, playing with her hair and the other resting on her arm that was wrapped around him.

"How is your other arm not numb?" He asked as he noticed it behind her.

"It is" She mumbled as she continued to watch the show.

"Wanna change positions?" He asked as he continued to play with her hair, careful to not mess it up since her hair is curly.

"No, I like hearing your heart beat" Mary said as she listened to it skip a beat when she said that. "It skipped a beat" She teased and he rolled his eyes.

"Hey Mary" Ricky said and she hummed in acknowledgment. "Your hair is pretty" He said as he pulled one of the curly strands and let it go, watching it spring back into its curl.

Mary chuckled and she felt herself blush. Only Ricky Bowen can make her blush like that. Not even Atlas. "Is it?"

"Mmhm, I like to play with it, it's cute when it springs back up" Ricky mumbled as he continued to okay with it.

"I can tell" Mary mumbled as got upset from her position to lean over him. "Hi" She said when the two made eye contact.

"Hi" He replied back and leaned up on his elbows making the two closer. He noticed a curl fall in her face and gently moved it away and tucked it behind her ear. "You're pretty"

"Thank you Richard" She mumbled and leaned closer to him to give him a small and short kiss on his lips.

When she pulled away, only mere inches from his face, he quickly grabbed her chin and pulled her into another kiss. He's said it before and he'll say it so many times again. He likes kissing her, a little too much.

When the two pulled away, he quickly kissed her lips again and she giggled. After the short kiss the two wouldn't stop smiling. That moment, it felt too perfect, so full, so right. There are no words to describe that moment, and every moment before and after.

"You hungry?" Ricky asked softly. Mary nodded her head. "Pizza?"

"I was thinking Chinese" Mary said and Ricky nodded.

"Chinese it is then, are they even open at this time?" He asked as he looked over to check the clock on the night stand.

"It's only 7 pm" Mary said and Ricky looked back over at her.

"It's 7?, shouldn't your mom be home by now?" He wondered and she shook her head.

"She's out working late, I think it's one of her cases." Mary brushed off. It was normal for Betty to be out late, reading through case files, evidence, coming up with a strategy, Mary knew it was her job and strangely enough, she accepted it. She knew that without her dad here anymore, her mom had to work more hours to provide for the both of them.

"Anyways, enough about that, Chinese food will not order itself"

When the food arrived the two were sitting on her floor watching a different show, Ricky chose it. "God I love Rigby"

"The raccoon?" Mary asked as she shoved another spoonful of food in her mouth.

"Yup" He said and nodded while he ate some more. Mary watched him, he paid so much attention to the show. Regular Show, a show Mary watched every now and then but never kept up with it, but Ricky did. The way he was so attentive to it, paying so much attention to it, she admired him for it. How he was so passionate about it, before he even put on the show he went on a 10 minute rant on how the show was a cinematic masterpiece.

"I like Mordecai more" Mary sassed, teasing the boy since she knew Rigby was his favorite.

"Rigby's funnier" Ricky defended.

"No, Mordecai is"

"Mordecai is too hung up on Margret" Ricky pointed out.

"And Rigby is annoying" Mary mumbled as she shoved more food in her mouth.

"Annoyingly funny" He defended. Rigby was his favorite character and he'll do anything to defend that.

"Mordecai is funnier and better"

"He's a bird!" Ricky exclaimed as he pointed at the screen.

"And yours is a raccoon!" Mary exclaimed back as she shoved the last bite of food in her mouth.

"Are we actually arguing about this?" Ricky laughed out.

"Maybe" Mary mumbled.

"We're so dumb" Ricky said through his laughter and Mary chuckled.

"Not me, you however"

"I'm not dumb" He said.

"Says the one who has a crush on the raccoon" Mary teased with a smile and Ricky's eyes went wide in surprise and she laughed at him.

"You're the one who had crush on fictional characters" Ricky teased back and Mary gasped at the boy.

"And what about it?" She questioned. As she did, she went to grab another bite of food when she realized she was out. Ricky noticed this and chuckled at the girl.

"Want the last bite?" He asked.

"Yes" She replied.

"Open wide" Ricky said as he had the food on the fork.

"You are not feeding me Richard" Mary said with a straight face.

"Fine, no food for you then" He said as he was about to put the fork in his mouth she groaned and opened her mouth. "Good girl" He said as he feed her.

"What did you just call me?" Mary asked with a mouth full of food.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, such rude manners" Ricky teased as he went back to watching the show.

"Oh shut it Bowen"