𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

( 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽-𝗍𝗁𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 )

WHEN MARY AND LINA made it to school the next morning Lina had to leave her quickly due to her having to talk to a teacher that messed up on her grades. "She's so dumb sometimes I wonder how she got her education degree" Lina said this morning on the car ride to school.

As she was walking to her locker she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and looked up to see Atlas. "Atlas, hi" Mary said coldly as she began walking again.

Atlas quickly caught up with her and began speaking. "So a little birdie told me that you went to Ricky's late last night"

"You keeping tabs on me and my whereabouts Atlas?" Mary asked slightly annoyed. She never thought he would do something like this.

"Nope, this was purely coincidental" Atlas lied through his teeth, as if she was stupid.

"Sure" Mary said with a roll of her eyes.

"I just wanna know, is there anything going on between you and Bowen?" He asked as he felt jealousy course though his veins. She was his girl, not Ricky's.

"Atlas, why do you care, you broke up with me remeber" Mary pointed out and Atlas felt the guilt ride up.

"Yeah but—"

"You're the one who said I'll be happier without you" She added on, which made the weight on Atlas's heart heavier.

"Yeah but I didn't mean go out with Ricky" Atlas mumbled out like a kid who was pouting.

"Who said I was going out with him?" Mary asked with annoyance.

"Somethings fishy" Atlas blurted out.

"What's fishy is you spying on me" Mary finally blew up at him. The two got a few stares, but Mary couldn't care less, he was starting to annoy her a bit, but none the less, every time she saw him, she knew he still had her heart. And for some reason, she wants it back.

"I wasn't spying" Atlas said quietly.

"So this bird knew to sit outside my house in their car like a coward watching me" Mary called him out. She always saw it. The same car, in the same spot, always watching, always keeping an eye on her. She knew it was him. She knew it was his car.

"Mary-"

"I've noticed that for the past few weeks" How could he think she was this dumb to not notice. Mary, although could be slow some times, isn't as stupid as Atlas thought. He always thought she wasn't as smart or clever as him, sure she was in advance classes, but so was he, and he always scored better than her.

"Mary please—" He tried.

"I've got to go"

Mary didn't even bother going to her locker since she saw Ricky there waiting. She groaned and quickly ran in a different direction, not wanting to deal with both boys in the span of 5 minutes.

Mary managed to get to the auditorium, as she leaned up against the wall, she heard piano playing. Mary started walking towards the stage to see Ashlyn.