𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

( 𝗂𝖿 𝗂 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗀𝗈 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾 )

MARY WAS WAITING FOR someone she swore she never wanted to see again. At least until she got word that her father wanted to come back into her life. They were the only other person who knew about it all, about every detail. Knew more than Ricky, even more than Lina.

After all, they were best friends before lovers. So when she heard the loud knocks on her window, she felt nostalgia. Remembering how his knocks would be loud, as if he wanted to make his presence known that him, Atlas Kwon, was about to head into the room of Mary Montez.

As if he had no shame. And he didn't.

"Hey" He said. Concern written across his whole face the second Mary opened her window. Atlas climbed the rest of the way in, looking around the once familiar room, feeling like a total stranger.

"Sorry, for calling you so late" Mary apologized as she closed her window. "It's just, I have no one else to talk to and just, my whole world did a whole 360 and I just—"

Atlas quickly went into action. He gently grabbed her shoulders and bent down to her height which was jigs a few inches down. "Hey, hey, calm down, you're okay"

"I'm not so sure I am" Mary whispered to him and he furrowed his brows.

"Mary, what happened?" He asked softly, not liking the way she looked sad.

"My dads coming back"

Atlas nodded "And you don't want to see him?"

"I did at first" Mary confessed. "Like way before I knew he was even coming back, but I called him and he basically shut me out, saying I shouldn't have called"

"I'm sorry, Mary" Atlas said, not even imagining the way she was feeling.

Mary shook her head. "Don't be, just, he wants shared custody" Mary said as she moved out of his grip and onto her bed, sitting down.

"Do you want that?" Atlas asked as he followed her, sitting down next to her. While he looked at her, she just stared ahead.

"I don't know" Mary said with a shrug of her shoulders.

Atlas nodded and let out a deep breath. "Okay, well, let's not think about it right now, okay?" Atlas said as he stood up from her bed, walking to her desk to grab her laptop and then to her drawer where she hid her emergency stash of gummy worms.

Mary chuckled. "You still remember where those are?"

"Of course I do, I know you like the back of my hand" Atlas stated and Mary smiled. Atlas sat back down, but got comfortable in her bed, leaning against her pillows. "Come on, let's watch something"

"Like what?" Mary asked as she followed his actions and leaned up against her pillows, next to him.

"The ultimate comfort movie, Pitch Perfect" Atlas said as he pulled up the movie and she looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"All of them?" She asked and Atlas looked at her with a smile.

"All of them"