𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

( 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽-𝗍𝗁𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 )

"MARY! MARY!" She heard someone hell from across the hall, she turned over her shoulder to see Ricky running after her.

"Ricky, why are you—" She paused as he was now standing in front of her. "—what are you wearing?" She asked as the scent tickled her nose and sneezed.

"Ph-pheromones" Ricky said bashfully as he just remembered her nose sensitivity to certain perfumes. "I should probably walk away huh?"

Mary sneezed again while nodding. Ricky walked away, but that didn't stop her sneezing as the scent lingered around. "Here, someone wearing strong perfume again?" Mary looked up to see Atlas handing her a tissue.

"Yeah, thanks" She said as she took the tissue from her ex and blew her nose. Mary began to walk away, but Atlas matched her step. "Is there anything you need?" Mary asked with annoyance.

"Actually, I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out after school" He asked with his usually charming smile. It was something that always made her weak in the knees, something that always made her say yes, but this time she wouldn't give in. No matter how gushy it made her stomach.

Mary sneezed once more, this time it made her hair fall forward. She shook her head, but one strand of hair didn't move. Atlas took notice and quickly went to tuck it away, but before he could—"Mary!"

The two looked to their left and saw Ricky running towards them. Atlas groaned quietly and brought his hand back down to his side. "Ricky? what are you doing here?"

"I forgot to remind you that we have a read through after school" Ricky said as he stood closer to her, hoping Atlas would get the hint.

Mary was about to say something, but was stoped he used she sneezed. Atlas noticed and looked at Ricky. "Back off maybe, you're making her nose act up" Atlas said with a fake smile.

"Maybe you should be the one backing off" Ricky said as she stood slightly infront of Mary, who just rolled her eyes. Mary sneezed once more and shook her head to get rid of the after shock of it.

"I have a better idea, why don't I leave" Mary finalized while giving one last sneeze. "And you" She looked at Ricky. "Never wear that thing again"

The two boys watched her walk away. "You do know she'll never love you right?" Atlas said while eyeing Ricky.

"I'm not after her you do know that right?" Ricky said as he seemed relax about the situation. In reality he had no idea who he was after. He likes Nini, he wants her back, but Mary is also there and he likes Mary, he wants Mary, but who does he chose.

"Still, if Nini rejects you, don't go after Mary. She's mine" Atlas said with so much confidence. In his heart he knew that in the end, Mary would chose him. Even though he fucked up, fucked up so badly, he knew that this time he could love her the way she deserves to be loved.

Ricky knew better however. He knew, well hoped he knew, that Mary wouldn't run back with Atlas. "She's her own person"

"Still, she's my girlfriend" Atlas said with narrowed eyes.

"Ex-girlfriend" Ricky emphasized. He watched as Atlas took a few seconds of what to say next. He relaxed and that shook Ricky a little bit.

"Not for long"

"You're the one who broke up with her, why try to get her back" Ricky asked trying to prove a point.

"I could say the same thing to you" Atlas shot and Ricky nodded in agreement.