𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

( 𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗀𝗅𝗎𝖾 )

JULY, 2019

"DO YOU EVER THINK that maybe what we're doing is wrong?" Mary asked as she stayed against his chest.

The two were cuddling once again. Him on his back while she had her head on his chest, messing with his fingers of his hand that rested in his stomach. His hands gently massaging and playing with the curls on her head.

"What do you mean?" He mumbled out.

"This" Mary said. "Us"

"Us?" He asked and she sat up, his hand falling from her hair as she sat to face him.

"Yeah, us" She said with a small voice. The last month had been the same sort of routine and she was getting way too comfortable.

She was already leaving her window open for him to crawl in, she was already learning how to hide aqua his things he left, he was already getting rude of the smell of her perfume by using fabreeze in his room.

The two were constantly attached to each other, but his any trace the other left behind. They did want anyone to know about their rendezvous.

"Well, I'm single—I think—you're single, we're not going anything wrong" Ricky clarified and Mary sigue as she ran a hand through her hair. "Hey, hey, tell me what this is really about" Ricky said as he say you to grab her hands, gently holding them.

"I just" Mary paused as she took a deep breath. "I feel wrong about this, like, I feel like I'm cheating or something"

"Do you wanna stop doing this?" Ricky asked and Mary didn't even know how to answer his question. What we're they? Friends with benefits? Could you even count them as friends?

"What even is this?" She asked and Ricky just stared at her. Fuck, he didn't even know what they were, all he knew was that he didn't want whatever this was to end. He didn't want summer to end, but it was already July.

"Me, you, mending our broken hearts" Ricky mumbled out as he gently caressed her cheek.

"With eachother?" She questioned and he took a deep breath.

"Mary, ever since I kissed you, I knew I was going to be okay" He said. Although she knew it was wrong, using each other to mend their broken hearts with glue, she didn't want summer to end either.

"Really?" She questioned and he nodded.

"Yes"

The next morning Mary woke up in his arms. There was something so domestic about it, with her mom still asleep in her room, the house was quiet, except for Ricky's soft snores, but she basked in the silence and stillness of it all.

Mary stared at Ricky, just watching him sleep, call her creepy, but there was something about it. Just looking at him be calm and deep in sleep made her feel content. The radiating warmth his body was giving made her feel fuzzy. "Stop staring at me you creep" Ricky uttered and Mary quickly closed her eyes.