𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

( 𝗂 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝖻𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗏𝖺𝖼𝗎𝗎𝗆 𝖼𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗇𝖾𝗋𝖻𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖽𝗎𝗌𝗍 )

SO, ITS NOT LIKE MARY expected the theater to be on her 2019 bingo card list, but things happen. Like her and Atlas, and him staying over, and him comforting her, and her ignoring Ricky Bowen's text messages.

Was it an old trap she was falling into? Or was it mere old friends, ex lovers, reconnecting through old comforting ways?

So when the crew walking into the theater that morning, the theater was destroyed and fire fighters were walking around. "Oh, my gosh, what happened?" Nini asked as Mary and Lina looked around in shock and horror at the theater they grew to love.

"It's okay! Nobody was hurt!" Miss Jenn said as she walked up to the kids. "There was a small fire in the theater over the holiday and the sprinklers did their job"

"We're almost done in here, just have to finish up in the faculty room next, some circuits blew in there over the break" The firefighter explained. "Unfortunately,
the show can not go on"

"What?" Miss Jenn said in utter disbelief.

Lina shook her head and whispered to herself, "She doesn't mean that does she?" She asked and Mary looked at her.

"I hope not" Mary assured. But it wouldn't avail.

"The fire ripped through half of your costumes and the sprinklers ruined a bunch of your sets" The firefighter explained and everyone's hearts fell at the news. "I-I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to red tag the entire back stage area for a month at least"

"Did she just say costumes?" Kourtney asked in shock at the news.

"Okay, okay, listen up" Miss Jenn said as she turned around to look at her down and glum kids. Hard work was being thrown into nothing, hard work was dispersing so fast they couldn't keep up with their emotions. "Hug your neighbor, take a moment, and let's reconvene in the cafeteria after school to talk about out options"

Just as Miss Jenn called for Ricky and Nini, Mary felt her phone buzz and pulled it out. A message from Atlas, and then it buzzed again. A message from Ricky.

When they left the theater, Lina caught up with Mary who left both of the boys on read. "You okay?" Lina asked as the two joined in walking together.

"What?" Mary asked.

Lina gestured to behind them as the firefighters were still at work. "With the whole theater thing"

"What? No yeah, yeah, I'm sad, but can't change what happened" Mary explained as if she was trying to hurry up the conversation between the two.

Lina furrowed her brows as she grabbed Mary's arm, the two stoping their walk. "What's going on with you?" She asked. Lina knew something was wrong with Mary, but Lina knew Mary would never say unless she pried it out of her.

"What do you mean?" Mary asked, her brows furrowing in confusion.

Lina scoffed, light heartedly, no real resentment towards her. "You've ghosted me since I left for thanksgiving break, is everything okay?"

"Want a run down?" Mary asked as she sighed.

"Always ready for another episode" Lina perked up, but Mary knew she was sincere, not a gossip.

Mary looked asume before leaning close to Lina. "My dads coming back" She said quietly, not wanting the whole world to know, even if they didn't care.

"Shit" Lina muttered out as Mary leaned back.