Chapter 26: such kind young men

George POV.

After we had cooked and eaten breakfast we packed everything up and Clay began stacking the waffles and bottles of smoothies into the back of his car since we decided to hand them out this morning. Once the two of us had loaded up a different car that wasn’t the Lamborghini with food he and I took off towards the main street.

I watched as he parked his car in a thirty minute park near where he said a lot of homeless people ended up huddled during the day before I started filling up one of Clay’s old backpacks with containers of food, while making sure that the lids wouldn’t fall off or they weren’t too uncomfortable.

Clay took a while later to get out because he was writing something in that notebook of his. I filled my bag. I sat it leaning against the car by my feet as I filled up another bag with containers. We had gone a bit overboard and there were still most of the containers of waffles sitting in the car (Clay and I had gone a bit overboard making practice mixtures).

Clay had finally joined me by the time I had filled the two bags up and so I opened the trunk of his car to grab the cooling bags which he had brought for the smoothies. I also noticed there was a third bag but I ignored it, since it wasn’t any of my business. We filled the cooling bags up and once again there was a lot leftover.

The two of us were walking along the street and saw a man huddled in a bundle of blankets. Clay and I exchanged a glance and walked over to the man, kneeling in front of him and he glanced up at us. “Hello sir,” the blond greeted politely, “we’ve made some food and were wondering if you wanted some,” he offered, already holding out a container of waffles.

Immediately his wary expression grew into a smile as he took up the offer, thanking us both for being ‘such nice young men’ as we handed him a container of waffles from Clay’s bag, and a banana smoothie from my bag. Clay also gave him a ten dollar note which made him even happier and we talked to him for a bit before heading off.

This repeated for a while, whenever we saw someone on the street we’d walk over to them and offer them some food, and they always accepted. Then we’d talk to them for a minute and walk off while they always gave us a ‘god bless you’ or a ‘you are both too kind’.

It made both Clay and I extremely happy to see these people so happy too at the small gesture of kindness. Plus they were even more happy because Clay also gave them money. We had emptied our bags before driving to another location, and then repeated the process.

Two hours passed before we had finally handed out all of the food and smoothies and both of us felt satisfied. We decided we’d go to an arcade to mess around for a couple of hours until lunch, since it was about 10am now and Clay drove me to an 80s themed arcade which he said was fun to hang out at.

He parked near the building and the two of us walked inside, getting some passes to hang out and play as many games for as long as we wanted. The two of us ran over to the games like a pair of excited children, immediately trying to decide what we wanted to play first. Eventually we decided and both paid to start one of the games.

We were both quite good at the game, sending playful insults to each other as we tried to beat the other player. Clay was mixing between playful bickering and compliments about how I played, saying things like ‘how are you so bad at this? I can beat you easily,’ before adding on ‘you know quite a lot of tricks, you must have a lot of skill.’ I loved the way his personality was playful but also kind, loving, and caring.

It made me laugh at how nice he was trying to be, but even though he was a lot better at all of the games that we tried. Thankfully since he was better at everything I got to make fun of him when we played a dancing game and he got a perfect school. After a moment of feigning hurt he started laughing along with me.

Hours passed of us competing in most of the games before heading out for lunch, the day had honestly passed in a blur but it was completely fun. When we were hungry I had thought that the two of us would go to a cafe however Clay led me back towards the car, saying he knew another place that he was going to take me.

I expected a cafe, or a fast food restaurant, but instead he drove me towards the beach and stopped the car in a carpark. He grabbed the bag I noticed earlier and the two of us started walking to a hill right near the edge of the sand. There were several picnic tables and he sat on one at the very top of the hill.

When he revealed the basket it was full of a bunch of food which he said he had made this morning before I woke up. Clay and I got settled down and the two of us began chatting again as we began to eat sandwiches that he had made. After that we ate some muffins (and Clay had admitted he got the recipe from Bad) and continued to talk.

“Y’know George, today was really fun,” the blond said with a grin as we began packing up all of our stuff to take back to the car.
“Yeah today was fun,” I responded, “it was fun spending it with you. You are one of the kindest people I’ve met and I am so glad that we met.”

The two of us walked back to the car and as we put our stuff away and once again I caught Clay sending me glances which made me blush involuntarily. “It is strange,” he muttered, “but it feels like I’ve known you for ages.” It seemed that Clay was talking to himself but I agreed with him.

After that lunch Clay drove us back to his house again and we hung out in his room for a while before he offered to take me back home. We grabbed my backpack and the two of us climbed back into his car before he drove to my house. Now was about the time that school finished and as we were driving we saw Sapnap walking home and pulled over to give him a ride.

We were in the lamborghini this time and there were only two seats but I was fine squishing over so the ravenette and I could both fit. The two of us chatted to each other happily and I was surprised that he didn’t ask about why neither of us weren’t at school.

Eventually Clay stopped the car and we both got out, Sapnap said ‘thanks for the ride’ before heading towards his front door. I stayed for another minute and gave him another smile to thank him for such a fun day before shutting the door and heading into my house. I unlocked the door and turned to wave at Clay before walking inside.

Once I stepped inside I pulled out my phone and messaged any of my friends that shared a class with me and asked what I had missed, since I didn’t want to get behind on anything. After making sure I filled out whatever pages for whatever subjects I needed to catch up on before relaxing to watch some movies in my room.
_________________________________________
1344 words