Chapter 62: First morning

9 days until the end of the story
6 days until I start uploading Antiheroes.

Switch those numbers around and you get 😏
_________________________________________
George POV.

For once I woke up early, most likely since I wasn’t used to sleeping in a sleeping bag. Even though I was feeling ‘sick’ the entire last week my parents had dragged me out of the house to go shopping for them, and eventually (just to get them to bring me home) I chose a dark blue one with a grey underside.

I sat up but everything around me was pitch black, probably signalling how early it was. The cold morning air had seeped into the tent, and if I squinted carefully I could see my breath appearing in front of me in a puff.

That made a shiver run up my spine and so I gripped around in the darkness for a hoodie which I had taken off last night. But I did stay mindful of Clay, who’s calm breath told me what part of the tent to avoid so that I wouldn’t wake him up. Eventually my hands gripped onto the fabric and I pulled it over my head, allowing a content sigh to leave my lips at the warmth.

Once I settled back down I yawned, although I didn’t feel too sleepy. That probably wouldn’t last long. Last night since Clay wasn’t around I made the macaroni and cheese dinner with Sapnap and Karl. While we were eating Mr Ryans got into a conversation with us, along with Wilbur and Techno who were eating with us.

The history teacher told us about how over the next couple days we’ll be doing so much we wouldn’t have time to feel tired, then on the last day as we were on the bus back home, we would be so exhausted we wouldn’t keep our eyes open. I didn’t believe it, although Techno and Wilbur both agreed that they’d seen other students looking like that after their camp.

It hadn’t even bothered me last night that Clay wasn’t around, although I didn’t care last night because of the fight we had had hours prior. Now I feel terrible. I want to hate Clay. Heck, I should hate Clay. I have every right to want Clay dead. Yet, I couldn't let him starve. God I’m an idiot.

To pass some time I picked up my book and flashlight so I could read until it got lighter. A couple of hours passed, I think. This was around the time that I started to wish that I had asked my parents for a watch for my birthday.

As light slowly made its way into the tent sounds also began coming from the direction of the forest. Bird chirps, accompanied with the sound of leaves rustling nearby created some nice background noise, and if I really strained my ears I could hear rushing water from the river.

Who knows how long I had been reading, but eventually there was movement from out of the corner of my eye. I glanced over to see the blond sitting up and stretching. He glanced over at me before immediately looking away, as though he would get yelled at for making eye contact. I sent him a pitying look.

“Morning Clay.” I greeted hesitantly, telling myself that I was only talking to him since I felt bad about him starving last night. “How did you sleep?”
Once again he was cautious to look at me, and even more cautious to respond to me. Eventually he just responded. “I slept well… how about you.”

The vision of the blond before me seemed meek, unconfident. Part of me felt guilty, since I was partially responsible for him becoming like this. Although it was a good thing for him to do. This might mean he is slowly giving up the book. It was like an addiction to him and with him not using it then he was slowly getting better.

But like a real addiction, it was easy to fall back into it. So I didn’t want Clay to just give up on using the book. I wanted him to destroy it. If he truly wanted to take back the bad things he had done, I would finally forgive him once it was destroyed.
However I knew he had to decide to do that himself.

“I slept well too. My sleeping bag was warm.” There was a pause before I continued, wanting to make sure he was okay. “You will eat breakfast this morning though, right?”
“Sure. Do you know what we are having for breakfast?” He asked in response, seeming slightly happy that I was having a full on conversation with him.

“Techno told me yesterday, it would be porridge.” I informed him. “He said that’s what everyone has at camp since it is generally easy to make. But you will eat a lot right? Since you didn’t have any dinner or lunch yesterday, besides one sandwich.” The blond gave a nod, reassuring me that he would.

Sapnap POV.

We tried our best to keep silent in the early morning as we pecked kisses over each other's exposed skin, not wanting to disturb other students on the camp. There were around sixty students, both male and female, and a total of four knew that we were gay. But an ally or not I doubted most of them wanted to wake up to the sounds of two men making out.

I pressed a gentle kiss over a mark I had just sucked on his waistline, before lowering his shirt back over the spot as though nothing had happened. As I leaned over his body I examined him before allowing myself to move up to his lips and kiss them gently.

Karl weakly moaned into the kiss before blushing slightly, his face darkening by fifty shades however when I leaned away to coo at him. The brunette pulled me back down and wrapped his arms around my waist, deciding to hide his embarrassment in my chest.

The two of us just cuddled for a little while, listening as the noise of the day began filling our ears. It was a chilly morning but our body heat was enough to keep the two of us content and warm enough.

But since we were on a camp with a ton of other people we weren’t able to have too much quiet as the sun continued to rise. From nearby the two of us heard a quiet conversation with two people who sounded familiar.

“I think that Clay and George are talking again,” Karl said quietly, and I hummed at his words.
“It appears they are,” I agreed, having listened to the quiet murmur of conversation between the two of them for the better half of an hour. It wasn’t clear what they were talking about, however it wasn’t yelling, which seemed like a good thing.

The two of us were eventually drawn out of bed by the sound of the camp counsellor calling us all to start making breakfast so that we could get ready for the day ahead. Reluctantly I let go of Karl so we could get up, and wandered out of the tent with him following after me, both of us already over camp since it was restricting our cuddle time.
_________________________________________
1518 words

I was just thinking how cool it would be if I did one of those 'Choose your own adventure stories' for a future story.

For people who don't know what that means, basically you read a chapter of a story and it will end with an option, and then you choose how you want to progress the story forward. Then there are usually several endings and stuff that can range from cool to weird. And the reader will choose how the DNF fanfic goes based off options on the chapters

You have to admit, it would be cool and probably a first for a DNF fic.  I imagine it'd go like go like:

If Dream goes over to George and apologises for being a dick before begging for forgiveness, go to page 17.

If Dream goes over to Sapnap to ask how to make George forgive him, go to page 23.

Then it goes:

Dream decided to go over to Sapnap and ask him for how to make George forgive him, but this was his mistake.
It turns out that Sapnap had fallen in love with George, and now knowing that Dream had made George upset he took his chance.

Sapnap and George ran off to the UK to get married to each other at Big Ben, adopting three sons, two daughters, Quackity and Karl, and a cat called Watson. They lived the rest of their days at the Sapnotfound duo on YouTube and the two of them never thought about Dream again.

The end.
Go back to chapter 1 to restart

I personally think that will be great, aside from how long that would take to plan out and write, along with the fact it would all have to be uploaded/published at once.