Chapter 47: Detention again

George POV.

“So you started a fight because she was accusing George of what exactly?” the principal asked, still seeming confused by the conversation.
“She said that he was embarrassing her sister, and called him a whore, and a slut, and-”
“Quackity that’s enough.” Philza said. “You don’t need to repeat what she said in here.”

“Sorry,” he murmured, “just thought that you would want to know the whole story.” He looked away from Phil who sighed, before leaning back in his chair slightly and examining the group of us sitting there.
“What should I do with you lot then?” He asked.

Standing against the wall were some of my friends, with Wilbur and I being the two sitting down in the chairs. There weren’t enough seats in the office and none of us wanted to drag any more in before we got told off. Standing behind the seats were Techno, Sapnap, Quackity, and Skeppy. Bad and Karl were both sitting outside, since neither of them got involved with the fight.

“You could always not punish us,” Wilbur suggested. “Since Techno and I are your favourite sons. In fact, in return for you being so kind Phil, we could clean the house after school while you relax with a movie.” Sapnap and Quakcity managed to hold in their laughter at the suggestion, since all of us knew that Philza wouldn’t accept the offer.

The older blond paused for a moment in thought before shaking his head. “You two are grounded and will be cleaning the house either way.. If I don’t give you a punishment at school then the families of the other students involved will probably be flooding the school websites saying I am biassed.”

“What’s the problem with that?” Quackity asked, but Phil’s look shut him up.
“Anyway. I’m sorry boys, but since you were still involved in a fight, and Techno did almost break a bone, all of you need to have detention for the rest of the week,” Phil stated with a sigh.
“In my defence she deserved it,” Techno muttered, before receiving a glare from his father.

“All of you head to class, you’re already late. You will have the rest of this week in after school detention. Sapnap and Wilbur, you do also know that you could be kicked off the football team for this, right?” The pair shamefully nodded. “If this happens again it will.”

With that the group of us were sent out, all with a late pass in hand from the principal, but since we already did have a late pass, none of us were in a hurry to get where we needed to be. I was just glad that Clay wasn’t in my first period after lunch, or any more periods for today.

He’d have probably cornered me at some point and asked me why I was avoiding him, since nobody ever ignores poor little smart, rich, handsome Clay who could never ever do wrong. It annoyed me how dense he was, and after having to sit in silence outside of the office for fifteen minutes I decided that next time I saw him I would rip into him. Figuratively of course.

Techno and I were in the same class for science, and we stepped in the door, placed the late passes on the teachers desk and walked to our seats. The other students gave us a couple of looks, and some of the guys sitting around me asked where I was but I ignored them. Surely they’d have seen the fight at lunch.

And yeah, some of them had. When I didn’t answer a lot of my classmates just filled each other in instead, telling them details of the fight. All of them had different ways of how it started, all they knew is that it happened, I was involved, and I was punished. Before the conversations could get too out of hand though the teacher shut them up.

After school

“I’ve never been in detention before. Wonder what it’s like?” Skeppy asked as we walked as a group to the same foreign languages classroom where I spent my last detention.
“Why don’t you ask George, he’s been to detention before.” Quackity reminded us.
“Quackity now is not the time,” Sapnap stated, sending him a side eye.

I decided that that was enough conversation and just walked to the door of the classroom and stepped inside. Much to our dismay, the person in charge of detention today was Mrs Vulture… I mean Mrs Rogers. She looked up when our group all filed into the room, her stone cold expression making us all tense up.

“Boys. What did you all do to get in here?” She asked, but as Quackity opened his mouth to answer she cut him off. “It was a rhetorical question. It seems that your English is slipping along with your behaviour. Now all of you sit and I want there to be at least one desk between each of you.” All of us gave a small nod in understanding before finding some seats.

I took a seat near the centre of the room, since it was the first one that I saw, and then I looked around as all of my friends took seats around the room. A couple of them had to sit beside other students, some of whom I recognised from the last time I was in detention, including Schlatt, who gave me a smile.

The teacher’s eyes scanned the room with a dark gaze, making sure all of us were doing what we were meant to. Then, after we had all sat down and were quiet she gave us a greeting. “You all clearly know why you are here,” Mrs Rogers began. “You are here for an hour, and I will give you another day of detention. You can read or do homework but no technology.”

I don’t see why she needs to have this talk, since she is just stating things that all of us already know. “Now I need to grade some papers on ancient civilisations for my freshman class, if you are too loud though I will be giving you detention until Christmas, i hope you all understand.”

Then she turned on her laptop and began typing some stuff, aside from that the room fell into silence. Some of the students began looking through homework, some began reading, but the majority of them just allowed their eyes to wander around the room, looking out the window, or at posters, or at a clock on the wall, showing us how long we had before we were allowed to go.

After glancing around and seeing what everyone else was doing I decided to just read the book I’d grabbed from the library the other day, going to the page I was last on and beginning to read.
_________________________________________
1187 words

I don't think this needs to be said but the mafia story won the vote. After this story, and after Antiheroes (sequel to Heroes which you should all ready if you haven't), then that will be the next story.