Chapter 71: First Day

Final chapter. And thank you 4g0tmyname for being the first on my chapter so often.
_________________________________________
George POV.

I was sitting in the back seat of my parents car while they were both in the front. My dad was driving with my mother sitting beside him. They were giving me the same ‘first day of school speech’ they’d given me more than enough times now. I am certain that I have it memorised.

“When you get to school make sure to be nice to all of your teachers and classmates straight away George,” my mother would begin. “And ask whoever is there to greet you if you could get a map so that you can see your way around.” She’d continue.

“Also try to find people who are interested in the same things as you, then try and become friends with them” my father would pipe in as a way of suggesting that I join some clubs, which was pointless since I’d most likely move before I could actually do anything fun there. “And remember that you are allowed to bring them over, just no sex.”

Then I’d always become an annoyed, blushing mess as my father began saying stuff like ‘you can break that rule if they consent and you or them wear protection and clean up after yourselves’. “Dad!” I’d yell, causing them both to laugh to themselves.

Wait, but this was wrong. What’s going on?

We finally arrived in front of the school, it was 10am so everybody was in class. I stared at the front doors to the school for a few minutes, wondering what was happening. Was I finally going insane after all of the shit I’ve been through?

I was brought back to attention by my mother. “George, if you need I can walk in with you, although you probably know what you are doing by now.” ‘I said this before’, I told myself, ‘no parents on the first day of school.’ Or at least I think this is the first day of school. I couldn’t be sure though, this felt wrong.

“Remember that tonight your father and I will be out working so we won’t see you!” My mother called as I turned away and walked into the front of the school, deciding that it was the best thing to do instead of standing confused in the street. I walked to the school office to see the same man from my first day there playing a video game on a computer.

When he saw me come in he gave me a familiar welcoming grin. “Good morning,” he greeted with his smile still wide, showing the same piercing on his tongue. “How can I help you?” He asked.

I've already been through this before, haven't I?

“Uh, I am a student here.” I responded, “George Davidson. Do you not remember me?”
“Oh. You are the new kid, right?” He questioned, and the confusion inside of me grew. I wasn’t new, I had been going here for almost a month now. And why was I here? Why wasn’t I at camp? “I remember your name on the system. Anyway, the principal wants to see you.”

He pointed over at the familiar door, before giving me instructions that I had already heard before. “He’s in there, just make sure you knock first.” I walked over to the door, still worried about what was going on, and knocked on it. A moment later a muffled ‘come in’ was heard, so I cautiously did.

I stepped into the room and saw two people sitting in there. The first was a familiar tall, lanky, brunette with grey eyes wearing a purple hoodie, sitting on the side of the desk closer to the door. Karl glanced up at me and smiled and I couldn’t help but repeat the gesture at my friend.

Opposite him was the principal, who stood up to shake my hand as I came in. “You must be George. My name is Principal Philza, or Principal Phil. Please take a seat.” He beckoned to the empty chair beside the brunette and I sat down quietly, listening to the start of the same speech he had given me almost a month ago.