SCENE EIGHTEEN. the fall

and that's when she felt it, the air around them seemed to thin. her stomach dropped, as did the room. the lights flickering as they fell. robin gave a scream as she brought erica to her. the girl on the floor crawling up slightly as they dropped.

"oh shit." steve muttered as he noted what was happening. making his way over to the girl who was laid crying, dustin already pulling her up. steve joined the boy on her other side. both wrapping their arms around the girl as they dropped.

"we're going down! we're going down!" steve screamed, pulling the girl into his lap.

"yeah, no shit harrington!'' robin spat back as dustin returned back to the boxes of buttons. pressing random buttons. slamming his fists against the buttons when a voice appeared in her head. a crying boy.

"it's not my fault. i promise you it's not my fault."

and she screamed, it was the voice of the boy from her room. the boy from the bathroom. steve looked at her worried as dustin threw him a panicked look.

"he made me do it... i don't know. it's like a shadow. like a giant shadow. please max.”

"go away. go away. go away.''she cried, crawling out of the boy's arms. pulling away as her body started to heat up. her skin growing red under their touch. pulling herself into the corner of the room.

"please believe me max, it's not my fault. i tried to stop him, okay. i did. it's got her too, it's got piper. i couldn't save her, i can’t save me. please believe me."

she brought her hands to her hips, feeling the searing pain under skin. steve watched in horror as blackish veins grew over her skin. travelling down her arms.

"what the fuck is wrong with her!" robin shouted, watching the girl wriggle under own touch. screaming as she clawed at the skin of her hips. before she slammed her head against the wall repeatedly.

"leave me a fucking alone." piper cried, steve watching the blood fall from her nose. before she just stopped. just like that. like she just flicked a switch. her eyes meeting his, eyes that were blackened.

"el." is all she muttered. before falling forwards. steve throws himself forwards to catch her. as the room haltered to a stop. steve cried out about her elbow jabbed against his groin but she was out cold. watching the veins disappear into nothing.

"is everyone okay?'' robin questione as she picked herself from the ground, throwing a look to the girl just laid in steve's arms.

"yeah, i'm great now i know that russians can't design elevators! and does anyone know what the fuck had happened to piper!"

"i think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work. and shock maybe?'' robin spat back as steve left the almost dead looking girl on the floor as he made his way over to the buttons. slamming his own fists against the buttons in hopes something would happen. anything.

"they're buttons! they have to do something."

"yeah, if we had a keycard. it's an electronic lock, the same as the loading dock door. if we don't have a keycard. it won't operate meaning- '' robin started as she joined steve at the buttons.

"we're stuck in here." piper mumbled, the whole group looking over at the girl who was pulling herself into the corner once more.

"just so you nerds are aware, i'm supposed to be spending the night at tina's. and tina always covers for me. but if i'm not home for my uncle's party tomorrow. and my mum finds out you lot and psycho girl are responsible. she's gonna hunt you down one by one and slit your throats. starting with you.

"i don't care about tina! or uncle jack's party! your mum's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a russian elevator! steve screamed back. and piper remained to herself, huddled up in the corner to herself. she knew whatever was wrong with her, was only getting worse. she can't control it. not wanting to be lashing out if she's trapped with these four. she didn't want to hurt them, she knew it would make her hurt them.

“i found her.'' el mumbled lightly, surrounded by darkness staring at the girl huddled in the corner of a room.

"where is she?"

"is she okay?" mike and max asked straight away, el watching the girl as she placed her head in her hands. shivering lightly as she heard people distantly talking about being trapped.

"metal room. she's with steve and dustin." el repeated watching the two boys whispering to one another as she just stared. unable to see erica and robin as they stood behind where she was watching.

"steve and dustin? why is she with them two?"

"is dustin okay?" will asked.

"she's steve's new girlfriend." max commented, smiling at the group as they nodded. it wasn't true but they may as well be dating.

"trapped, she is trapped in a room." el mumbled before taking off the mask. watching the girl just disappear. into nothing. the group staring back. so now they knew where hopper and joyce were, and piper too. but billy was unreachable. it was as if there was a wall blocking connection to him.