SCENE TEN. radioed warnings

"never again. please anybody but you." he exclaimed pointing at max who stood beside piper who leaned against the car. dustin raising his brow at steve , he could drive.

"no chance."

"all right, okay. this is stupid. us ladies will stick together.” robin spat as she handed steve's keys back before joining nancy.

"unless you think we need you to protect us?" robin added with a shut eating grin as he let out a sigh.

"piper! you coming?'' robin questioned looking over her shoulder to the other girls. max threw her a look as if begging not to.

"i'm going to head home actually."

"are you fuck. get in this car." steve ordered the girl who was shrugging her red jacket back on.

"always the babysitter. always the goddamn babysitter." he cried, smacking his fists against the wheel in anger.

"preferred it when you and piper were like mum and dad anyways." max mumbled as she shuffled into the back seat. and steve started to drive away. the plan was max was going to miss kelley's, the therapist. whilst piper, steve and dustin would wait outside. max threw the group a look as she disappeared inside.

"okay she's in."

"missing collarbones, not eyes."

"i'm not sitting in here with you blithering idiots.'' piper exclaimed as she got out of the car. walking a little bit down the street to where the bench was. and she just sat. 

"so, are we gonna talk about it?" dustin asked the second the girl was out of earshot.

"huh? sorry, talk about what?"

"your temporary insanity earlier today? when you basically threw yourself at nance. the confusing and irritable love triangle you are currently in? it's very annoying. dustin questioned, throwing another look to the girl who was playing with her fingers, spinning the rings around her fingers.

"okay first off, that's not what happened."

"pretty sure that's what happened. it was pretty public. there were a lot of witnesses, including that poor girl who sat on a bench alone." and steve looked at piper, guilt. guilt hit him square in the chest. she sat on the bench, one leg tucked under the other. playing with her hands reminding him of how she used to play with him.

"are you implying i still have a thing for nance? that's the reason you think me and piper broke up."

it was.

"no i'm not implying. i'm starting. between you breaking up with the most wonderful girl i've ever known and your steadfast refusal to date robin. it's pretty much the only logical explanation.'' dustin spoke, he had clearly been thinking about this for a while. sure he was right, but that's not the point.

"that's not the only one. and as for piper, she broke up with me. why does everyone keep feeling bad for her? she broke up with me." he spoke, voice nearly cracking as he repeated the statement.

"because you love nancy." and both boys turned silent for a moment. the knowing pause breaks steve's heart.

"no. and for your information, i was trying to protect a friend. dont wanna find her with her eyes sucked out of her skull by this vecna creep.'' steve finally spoke after a minute of the awkward silence.

"what about piper though?" and steve's gaze finally returned to the girl on the bench. who was wiping her face with her hands.

"what about her?"

"she has some kind of weird connection with the upside down because of the mind flayer."

"she can protect herself dustin, you've seen it." steve added, and dustin couldn't help but watch as steve's mind seemed to wander off as he looked at piper. he missed her. he wouldn't admit it but he knew.

"interesting."

"i'll punch you so hard your teeth will fall back out.'' steve spat not liking that dustin knew what he was thinking. he liked piper, he really liked piper. but he loved nancy. even if she didn't reciprocate the feelings.

"whoa too far."

"not cool. sorry."

"not cool. it's okay."

"are you done yet?'' steve shouted as the two boys returned to silence. sticking his head out the window to find piper rushing back to the car. just as max leaped from the back door.

"shut the fuck up harrington." piper shouted as she ran back to the car as max motioned for her too.

"what'd she say?"

"nothung, just drive."

"get in the car piper!"

"steve, drive!" and piper was dragged into the vehicle. the second the door shut the car was off. swerving down the street. when the radio in dustin's bag started to flicker.

"dustin dustin do you copy?" a voice sounded from  the radio. the red light following.

"lucas? where the hell have you been?" dustin shouted as lucas' voice silenced.

"just listen. are you guys looking for eddie?"

"yeah we found him, what's it to you hoops." piper soke leaning forwards to speak to the basketball player.

"piper! you found him.'' lucas almost cried. now the boys admitted it but they all liked piper in a way. lucas thought she was the most amazing girl in the world. right after max and el. those two girls would always hold a special place in his heart. max was the girl of his dreams.

"about a house on coal mill road. don't worry he's safe."

"dustin, he's friends with jason." both max and piper mumbled shouted.lucas felt the sting of their words but it was true. piper was also friends with jason in some sense. piper had been on the cheerleading team with the boy's now dead girlfriend.

"you guys know he killed chrissy right?"

"that's bullshit. eddie tried to save chrissy."

"then why do all the cops say he did it?"

"lucas you're so behind it's ridiculous. okay? just meet us at the school. i'll explain later.'' max spoke and you could practically hear lucas's sharp breath.

"i can't. i think some real bad shits about to go down."

"what are you talking about? what bad shit?"

and the line went dead.

-

also thank you so much for 50k views, i love all of you. big kisses for everyone!! <33