SCENE TWENTY THREE. run, boy, run

"i don't understand. you’ve seen this before?" robin explained as steve and dustin dragged the group back out of the room. none of them noticed the look upon piper's face. the lights are on but nobody's home kind of look. that gate, she had seen it before. it was the one in her nightmares. but she couldn't tell them that.

"not exactly.'' dustin tried to explain.

"then what exactly?"

"all you need to know is that it's bad."

"it's really bad." steve mumbled, raking his hands through his hair, nervous.

"like the end of the human race as we know it is kind of bad." dustin explained turning to face the two girls. and he finally saw the look on piper's face. a look he knew well off. the same look will had last year. but it couldn't be.

"and you know about this?"

"um steve, where is your russian friend?" but erica said and all of them turned to look at the floor the russian once laid in. but he was gone. their realisation soon followed by loud red beeping alarms which brought piper back to reality. steve rushed to the door as piper pulled the revolver from her pocket. finding himself looking into the room where russian guards surrender the one from the room before spotting him. shouting something as he entered the room once more. slamming the door shut.

"we gotta go, like now!'' steve shouted as he ran past the group. grabbing piper's free hand as they ran back up the stairs they had only just at. and into the control room where the men stopped to look at them. running into the experiment room as the guards barged through the door. the air getting thinner as they ran to the edge. piper staring down into the pit of nothing that followed.

"holy shit!'' dustin repeated as piper turned to look at the guards advancing on them, lifting the gun up so the guard started down the barrel and she wrapped her finger around the trigger. just as steve tugged at her. motioning for her to jump over the ledge onto the bottom floor of the experimental room. where doctors stood staring at them. piper watched as the bullet grazed past the man's ear as she leaped. steve body slammed some canisters as some guards turned around that corner. robin motioned them over to some kind of boiler room. door slamming behind them. hearing the russians shouting as both her and steve turned to lean against the door. trying to stop them getting in the room. erica found a vent up on some stairs as robin rushed to help the two hold the door. piper used that as an opportunity to stash the gun in her bra. feeling the cold metal between her boobs as erica shouted for them to join her.

"come on!" dustin shouted as erica jumped into the vent, looking up at dustin as he looked to the three teenagers at the door. two in sailor outfits and the other ill looking. and not just any normal kind of ill.

"just go! get some help, okay?" steve shouted as dustin started to climb into the vent. nodding his head as he looked at them once more.

"i won't forget you." he shouted and the girl scoffed. it was cute, to some extent. if they weren't about to die any second now.

"just fucking go!" and he disappeared, his head popping down into the vent. shutting it as he went as the door finally gave in. the three teenaers being thrown to the ground as the door slammed open. the russians surrounded them almost immediately, screaming unrecognisable things as they caved into the room.

"oh fuck-"

and the russians marched up above the pair in the vents as dustin explained everything he knew to erica. about all of it.

"so when we set fire to the hub, we drew the demodogs away so el could close the gate. but now for some insane reason. the russians appear to be trying to reopen. which just destroys everything we risked our lives for."

"by we you're including lucas?"

"yes of course."

"so all that shit you told me, lucas was there?"

"yeah."

"my brother, lucas charles sinclair?"

"yes!"

"i don't believe you."

"wait so you believe everything about el and the gate and the demodogs and the mind flayer. but you question your brother's involvement?"

"that's correct."

"makes total sense."

"also yesterday, in the elevator. the thing that happened to piper, do you believe it's that mind flayer thingy."

"yes."

"what's going to happen to her, is she going to die?"

"we don't know, i hope not."

and the guards grabbed them, pulling the three away from each other. two of the three fighting back as robin just accepted her fate. one of the guards named perov reached forward grabbing her as she went to throw her fist into his face, when another striked her. steve screamed as she stumbled, falling to the floor. nose smacking against the floor, red following it. she was out cold.

"you mother fucker! let go of her!" steve screamed watching as one of them picked her up, throwing her over his shoulders as if she were nothing but a doll. and a doll she was, fragile and delicate. and she was cracking, and steve could only sit and watch. fighting back against the two guards as he was physically dragged away from her. tears slipping over robin's eyes as she watched the girl get thrown into the room opposite them.

"piper, no!'' steve shouted as he raced to the door just as it slammed behind the guards. leaving him and robin alone as on the other side of the doors, a girl was thrown to the floor.