SCENE TWENTY FIVE. that same corridor

and she awoke, eyes fluttering open to find herself in a room. not the same room she remembered being in. but colder. darker. slowly lifting from the bed chair she had been placed on. finding herself in some kind of doctor's room. dark vines travelling down the walls, remind her of the veins painted on her hips.

"hello." a voice murmured, looking around the room to find herself alone. no. no. no.

"you're scared?" it questioned, voice moving to the other side of her. and she was off, rushing for the door. only to find herself in the same dim light corridor she had been in before. reddish shadows lifting into the long dark corridor, viens travelling down the cracking walls.

"don't be scared, piper, i'm not going to hurt you. i want to help you." and she ran, hearing the voice get closer as she ran away. feeling the burn in her hip get colder as she got what she hoped further away from the room and the voice. only to find it never ended, much like the real corridor.

"piper, you can't run forever." it reapeated.watch me. and she didn't stop, her legs were starting to numb, the pain in her hip only grew but she carried on. sweat beading at her forehead as she ran.

"you can run, but what about them?" it came and she shuddered to a stop, skidding lightly. turning to wherever the voice had come from. what did it mean? them? only to find a lump of people on the floor. she screamed, laid there on the floor in a pile was robin, dustin and erica. blood pooling around them, vines wrapped around them. and some kind of creatures were feasting on their insides. scrambling backwards as she tried to move her eyes away from the horror of the scene before her. only to find the corridor she had been walking up was now littered with bodies. some she recognised from school and around town and others she didn't. she found a ginger girl cuddling another girl to her chest in their final moments, as if they were trying to protect each other from whatever happened. she recognized these two. max and el, from the mall. a cry leaving her lips as she found the boys the girls had broken up with. and many russian guards. before looking up at the figure just standing there. sailor uniform and poofy hair.

"steve." she mumbled, and the figure turned around to look at her. he looked like steve, but it wasn't him. his eyes were white and jaw ripped open. and she screamed as he stumbled down, the boy crumbling to the floor in a heap. dropping dead when the figure appeared behind him. the shadowy hand reaching out as she scrambled backwards. falling backwards to the floor. head smashing against some kind of vine. and the darkness lingered around her as it stepped into the light, it was so fucking ugly.

"you can't save them, piper."

"you can't save yourself."