SCENE THIRTY TWO. have you ever... been in love

"the ceiling stopped spinning for me. is it still spinning for you?" robin questioned as she laid on the floor staring up at the ceiling. steve flushing the toilet as he too looked up at the ceiling.

"holy shit, no. you think we puked it all up?" he questioned.

"maybe, ask me something. interrogate me." robin asked once more and steve chuckled at the girls words. wondering when piper would get back with food. wondering if she would get them those hotdogs on a stick they wanted so desperately earlier on.

"okay, interrogate you. sure. um, when was the last time you peed your pants?"

"today?"

"what?"

"when the russian doctor took out the bone saw."

"oh my god."

"it was just a little bit though."

"it's definity still in her system."

"oh, alright. my turn."

"okay, hitme."

"have you... ever been in love?"

"yep, nancy wheeler. first semester, senior year."

"oh my god. she's such a priss."

"hm, it turns out. not really."

"are you still in love with nancy?" and there was a rather long pause. neither of them said a word for a second.

"no."

"why not?"

"i think it's because i found someone who's a little bit better for me. it's crazy. ever since dustin got home, he's been saying you know you gotta find your suzie. you gotta find your suzie."

"wait, who's suzie?"

"it's some girl from camp, i guess his girlfriend. to be honest with you, i'm not even hundred percent sure she's even real. but that's not really the point. that doesn't matter."

"the point is, this girl, you know, the one i like it's somebody that i got another chance with. and i don't even know why she let me have that second chance. because i was a dick to her, i ruined her life. her highschool experience. whilst i was prom king, she was moving away from me. she's the one person who had truly been my friend, and i pushed her away." and robin didn't say a word, she remained silent. listening to steve ramble on about this girl. and she grew warm, it was cute. that steve thought about piper in that way. that he had a second chance. and she knew he wouldn't mess it up.

"robin? rob did you just od in there?" he asked tapping lightly on the stall.

"no." she mumbled and steve found himself crawling under the bathroom stall to join her.

"this girl, it's piper right?"

"yeah."

"do you love piper?" and the room returned to silence as steve let out a sigh. and he didn't answer, his eyes remained on the floor. he couldn't answer.

"do you remember what i said about clicks class? about me being jealous and like obsessed?"

"it isn't because i had a crush on you. it's because she wouldn't stop staring at you."

"mrs click?"

"tammy thompson. i wanted her to look at me. but she couldn't pull her eyes away from you and your stupid hair. and i didn't understand because you would get bagel crumbs all over the floor. and you would leave a bagel at the empty seat beside you. everytime. and you asked dumb questions, and you were a dochebag. and you didn't even like her and i would go home and just scream into my pillow."

"but tammy thompson's a girl."

"steve."

"oh." he murmured as he leaned back against the bathroom stall door.

"oh." she repeated as she copied his actions. the two had long since sobered up, talking about being in love.

"holy shit."

"steve, did you od over there?" she asked as she gave him a small smile.

"no i just uh, just thinking."

"okay."

"i mean, tammy thompson. you know, she's cute and all but- i mean she's a total dud."

"she is not."

"she is though." another voice called, the two teengers turning to find the girl holding a red cherry slush and a tray of fries.

"she wants to be like a singer. she wants to move to, like, nashville and shit.'' steve added as piper dropped down the floor with them, sitting crossed legged facing the two, placing the cup in her lap as she handed steve the fries.

"she has dreams." robin spat.

"she can't even hold a tune. she's practically tone deaf. have you heard her? all the time. you see me now tonight." steve added shovelling a handful of the fries into his mouth before impersonating tammy.

"it's i need you now tonight." piper laughed as she took a sip of her drink, steve grinned at her.

"she does not sound like that.'' robin stated as she couldn't help the smile lifting onto her face. wishing she hadn't judged steve so quickly. he was actually a great guy.

"she sounds exactly like that." he laughed, shoveling another handful of fries into his mouth before handing them over to robin who took a few.

"that's a great impersonation of her."

"you sound like a muppet."

"she sounds like a muppet. she sounds like a muppet giving birth."

"and if you could hold me tight."

"we'll be holding on forever.'' the three sang in the same tune causing all three of them to laugh once more.

"exactly!"

"i know!" robin chuckled as she ate more of the fries. when the door slammed open once more. dustin and erica appear from behind.

"okay what the hell?" and they burst out laughing again, steve slapping his knee as iper took another sip of her drink. before handing it to robin who wanted a sip as well.