SCENE FIVE. dancing under starlights

she shivered. the cooling summer breeze making the girls skin tingle as they sat there on the hill. he looked at her hearing the soft music playing from the car behind them. she stared at the sky ahead watching as the sun glazed over the sky. pink clouds drifting above them. the pretty blue sky darkeringas the twinkles of stars started to come through. it remind him of the bubblegum ice cream robin adored. it amazed him, how something so breathtaking could be happening in the sky, but he couldn't pull his eyes of the pretty girl beside him. how the hell was he given a second chance with her. watching as she shivered once more, noticing the goosebumps raising on her skin as the sky only got darker as the stars got brighter.

"are you cold?" he mumbled and she finally pulled her gaze from the sky above her, turning to look at the boy with doe eyes. instantly melting at his gaze.

"no." she mumbled with a smile as she turned back to look at the sky. watching his shuffle from the corner of her eye. then she was hit with the warm material. knocking her down.

"harrington!" she screamed as she was knocked down into the soft grass. hearing the boy's iggles which he was trying to hide.

"you're cold." is all he commented as she tried to hand it back.motioning for her to eat it.and she obliged. throwing the soft material over her shoulders. the scent of harrington hitting her immediately. vanilla cologne and hairspray. warm. he smelt warm. and she laid down, laying down into the soft grass as the sky only darkened.  another song playing through the speakers and the boy hummed along.

“i was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows i'm miserable now." he sung along,standing u as he swayed with himself.the girl could only laugh as she watched him.dancing in the car's headlights. holding hand out for her,as she giggled. taking his hand and hoisting her from the ground. still humming to himself the lyrics of the song as he held her. the coule swayed.

"in my life, oh, why do i give valuable time
to people who don't care if i live or die?" he sung as he spun her, bringing her back into his chest straight away. he was so warm. and he just held her, and she held him. as if one of them would let go, the other would fade away. and eventually the song changed. a familiar song laying, a smile lowing upon her face. he couldn't help but note it was a bright as the stars above them.

"look into his angel eyes. one look and you're hypnotised. he'll take your heart and you must pay the price." she hummed softly and he grinned, brushing her hair behind her ear. watching the skin flush red under his fingertips.

"piper?" he murmured her name, which tasted like honey on his lips. sugar sweet.and she merely hummed in response. her head leaning against his chest as they swayed, listening to the hard thumbs of his beating heart.

"can i be your boyfriend?" and she pulled away from him,looking in those sincere doe eyes for any sign of a joke. because at the end of the day, he was still king steve harrington.but there was nothing but truthful brown.

"you are most idoitic person i know, i swear to god." she mumbled looking up at him as he smiled.

"that a yes?" tilting her head up, leaning down so their lips barely touched, hearing the sharp intake of breath. smug bastard.

"it's a definitely." she replied with a hum, leaning forward connecting their lips. his cherry lips were soft, warm. she could feel his lips upturn into a smile.

"shut up."she murmured, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. melting their bodies together.

"didn't say anything." his own arms wrapping around her waist, hugging her to him.

"well you're thinking it." she softly said and he roared with laughter.