SCENE THREE. a cherry slush.

and all three girls turned to the window, only to find the boy from the photos. the same cheshire like cat grin he always wore. same ridiculously poofed up hair she just wanted to run her fingers through. and for once, he wasn't adorned in bruises. shocking, i know.

"steve?" max questioned as the window opened, the boy climbing inside. both hands full, in one hand a bundle of random flowers. and what was believed to be a slush. both max and el looking at each other with the knowing grin.

"that better be-'' piper started, a smile lifting onto her face as she lifted from the red sheets. tying the hair from her face as she did so.

"it's cherry." he smiled holding out the cup, it would have been a scoops ahoy cup, if the mall hadn't burned down. the two girls threw each other a look before diving for the older girls bed. sinking into the sheets almost straight away. not expecting it to be that soft. nor the inviting smell of fruits to linger on it.

"steve harrington, you will be the death of me." she laughed as she took the cup. placing down on the table before throwing her arms around the boy, who quickly moved the flowers out of the way before she crushed them. he couldn't help but notice the smell of vanilla lingering around her.

"you love it!" he smiled as he threw a look to the two girls, who were now both laid on piper's bed. head in their hands as their feet stuck up swinging. girls. rolling his eyes at them.

"you didn't come see me." she whispered, she didn't let go. and nor did he. so they remained there, holding one another.

"i don't like hospitals. but i really wanted to." he told her, honest truth. he really didn't like hospitals, and those hours down in the russian base. especially once he was dragged into a room full of the girl in his arms, blood everywhere.

"flowers?" she questioned as she finally pulled back, unwrapping her arms from around his shoulders. looking down at the bunch of colourful flowers that he grasped in his right hand.

"i didn't know what your favourite flowers were so i got all of them." he added, hearing the girls awe in the background. he was quick to throw them a threatening look. they were quick to be quiet. before giggling.

"tulips." she spoke as they all returned to silence.

"tulips?" he repeated, looking down at the girl with an amused look.

"i like tulips." she smiled and he quickly nodded. taking a mental note that she liked tulips. he didn't expect her to be a tulips person, maybe something like pink roses. before he turned to the two girls, placing his hands on his hips. both girls smiles falling.

"hello steven.'' max smiled and he couldn't help the twinge of a smile lifting onto his face as he looked at the two girls snuggled against one another on the older girls bed.