SCENE TWENTY TWO. experimentation rooms

"okay that was close." robin stated as she was quick to start following steve and piper.

"too close." dustin added as he joined robin. erica walked behind them.

"relax, all right. relax. nobody saw.'' steve commented as he led the group around the corner. only to find them standing in a room with more rooms. workers mingling around. nurses and men in uniforms carrying guns.

"oh fuck."

"shit. both steve and piper mumbled, the boy reaching out to grab her hand as he tugged her behind a counter. robin, dustin and erica quickly join.

"i saw it. first floor northwest.'' erica mumbled. piper shuffled slightly, steve's face twitching as the back of her thigh brushed over his crotch. not the time harrington.

"saw what?'' piper was quick to ask, looking over her shoulder to erica, not realising how close she and steve were. noses practically brushed against the others.

"the comms room.'' erica said and piper nodded, throwing a look to steve who was debating something in his mind.

"are you sure?'' steve questioned, finally pulling himself to look away from piper, looking at erica who was nodding with a small smile. she had seen him looking. he would have grown red if it weren't for the situation.

"positive. the door was open for a second. and i saw a bunch of lights, machines and shit in there."

"that could be a hundred different things."

"dustin shut the fuck up, if erica says it's the comms room. it's the comms room." piper pat only to be on the back of the head by robin, steve muffling a chuckle.

"what's the plan harrington?'' piper mumbled and he gave a nod, leaning slightly from behind the counter so he could look around the room. finding a door for their escape.

"okay, we're gonna move fast. we're gonna stay low." he told them and they nodded, and only then did piper realise he was still holding her hand as he tugged her in the direction of the door. stopping behind some crates as a man opened the door. and he could feel her chest press against his back. noticing how her hip felt oddly colder than the rest of her body. but instead continued onwards, taking note to ask later as they slipped into the room. only to come face to face with a guard sitting in the chair. who perked up at the noise of shoes squeaking. turning to find the five kids stood there wide eyed. steve quickly pulled piper behind him, standing in front of her as the russian man jumped from his seat, reaching for his gun.

"tread lightly! tread lightly." robin muttered, stepping forward, looking back at the topper. hopping the girl remembered the russian and she nodded as he said something in russian.

"who are you?"

"silver cat, silver cat." piper repeated, remembering some random words from the tape they had listened to only a few hours earlier.

"i don't understand."

"china?" and the guard pulled out his gun. steve charged forwards as the man pointed it at piper. throwing himself at the guard. the two fighting as piper pulled the two younger kids behind her. watching steve getting thrown into the desk, the guards gun clattering to the ground as steve got back up. whacking the man across the head with the phone. all of them watching in shock as he fell forwards. hitting his head on the desk before slamming against the metal floor.

"dude. you did it. you won a fight.'' dustin shouted as piper just stared at the boy in the sailor costume, watching as he raked his hands through his hair pulling it away from his face as he looked up at them.

"okay that was-" she started before cutting herself off. cheeks growing red as her mind filled in the blank. hot.

"cool.'' robin was quick to elbow the girl slightly, bringing her from her daydream as dustin ran towards the guard which was still knocked out.

"what are you doing?" erica questioned as dustin snathed the man's keycard from his belt.

"getting us a ticket out of here.'' dustin added as piper walked over to steve who was holding his hand. mumbling hi's to each other as she took his hand. checking for injuries.

"you want to walk all the way back?'' erica shouted as steve looked down at the girl. her soft touch over his fingers, it looked alright. like it was only going to bruise.

"well, we can hang out for a little bit, relax, have a picnic maybe."and she looked up at him, brown eyes meeting hers. those eyes wide as her lips upturned into a smile.

"have a picnic? we came here for the radio.'' erice replied, robin finding herself at the stairs, not wanting to see steve and piper's disgusting interactions. god she wished they'd kiss and get it over with. or fuck at this point becuse of the sexual tension the two gave off.

"well this plan is way better. if i knew steve could knock out a russian. that would've been our plan in the first place.'' dustin exclaimed as robin made her way up the stairs. looking through the tiny window, blue lights shadowing onto her face as she spotted it. eyes growing wide as she ran back down the steps.

"guys. there's something up there." robin shouted, jumping the last few steps. erica and dustin turned away from their conversation. and piper pulling away from steve just as his eyes flickered to her lips. an almost kiss. and she reached for the gun the guard had dropped.

"let's do this shit." she mumbled following the girl up the stairs. opening the door as she ushered them into the room. it seemed to be a safe room. the large windows showing the contents of the next few rooms. a control room and an experiment room. where some kind of machine was sending a pulse into a gap in the wall. the pain in her hip quickly started hurting as she stared into the fleshy cut in the wall. watching as her own reflection began to change, the black veins running over her face. whatever was trying to hurt her had been hit in the face. but little did the girl know it was trying to control her, well it was. but it was winning. controlling her mind, turning her into one of them.

uh oh