Chapter 35: Johnathan

5 Days Later

"No Rose!" I yell as she pulls the covers down my barre legs, leaving me freezing.

"You have to get out of this bed" she stammers not letting me pull my comforter back up.

"No" I groan throwing my head to the side "this bed is where I belong now"

"It's been five days" she reasons "we leave in two."

I shrug my shoulders.

"Look I know your going through it, and I've given you time. But come one Kai we're going to Europe!"

"Just leave me here" I say shoving a pillow over my head.

"You haven't been in contact with him right?" She asks.

I sniffle "no, and it's been torture."

"Good" she says "he deserves it."

"I still can't believe it." I shake my head.

"He showed you his true colors." Rose reasons "better he did now, before you got too invested."

"The moment you and Ben brought me to his house" I shake my head "that was it."

"That can't possibly be true." She says.

"No ones ever been there for me like that before." I say looking up at her.

"Uh hello!" She says "and what am I chopped meat?"

"You know I love you Rose." I say "It's just the men in my life... have never been there for me like that."

She sighs then plops down on my bed "he saved you Kai, I get it."

"It's so much more than that." I shake my head "he made everything better."

"Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here then." She says "in the type of guy you should go for."

"There is no other guy." I say to her.

She stands and goes to my closet before pulling out the suitcase I still haven't unpacked from Nikki's.

"A few weeks in." She starts dumping out the remaining clothes "I think you'll change your mind."

...

"This is boarding call for flight 569 to London." I hear over the intercom.

We were running a little late because security was taking forever, but we finally made it.

"Here you go" Rose hands her ticket off to be checked.

"Thank you miss" the man winks before taking my ticket.

"He was cute" Rose says bumping my shoulder as we board the plane.

The man had black hair and green eyes, which only reminded me of the man I was trying to forget.

"I guess so" I shrug and she sighs.

I follow her to our seats before shoving my carry on under the seat, and plopping down next Rose.

"Get excited Kai" she nudges my shoulder.

"I am, I am" I huff.

"Where is Ben?" She asks "I thought he would already be on here?"

I hadn't talked to Ben in so long, it felt like I didn't even know him anymore.