Chapter 1: Love/Hate Relationship

January, 2005

No!" My dad yelled at me. "Absolutely not! Go upstairs and change!"

"But dad!" I whine "I love this and it's brand new! Come on just let me wear it!"

I had just squeezed into a black mini skirt and a v neck band tee, it wasn't even that inappropriate. Summer apparel if you will.

"If you wanna wear that fine, but your not leaving the house!" He states.

"But I really wanna come with you!" I plead.

"Then go change!" He points to the stairs.

Normally I would put up more of a fight, but we were already running late as it is.

"Well then what would you like me to wear?" I ask putting my hands on my hips.

"Overalls." He says taking a sip of coffee.

"Dadddddd" I groan "I mean realistically."

"I am being realistic." He says "just cover up your ass at least."

"Fine" say running up the stairs.

"Hurry up!" He says behind me.

Typical father daughter relationship right? He's overprotective, hates my cloths, and hates every boy that I bring home.

I was used to it at this point, but when I was growing up I always thought he was gonna be the "cool dad." After all he was Vince Neil lead singer of Mötley Crüe, but he was never that cool to me.

So maybe this wasn't the typical father daughter relationship, he's always felt more like a weight on my shoulders making things in my life difficult.

I loved him to death, but fucking hated him you know?

I'm 19 and I still live at home only because I'm taking a year off before I go to college. My plan was to travel, but my dad almost made that impossible to do.

Every time I would make plans to go somewhere he would beg me to cancel them or makeup some reason why I absolutely couldn't go.

It was always "Kaia I never see you anymore. Kaia you spend too much time with your mother. Kaia I'm lonely."

I get annoyed with him because he chose this. For the last few years he's been traveling as a solo act so I've spent a lot of time with my mom, which is why he doesn't see me.

And him being lonely is his own problem, he could of tried to work things out with my mom but didn't. His loss, not mine.

I looked around in my closet for something else to wear. I was going with him to a Mötley Crüe reunion show, the first one in years.

Somehow their management convinced them to go on a tour after years of not even talking to each other.

How they did this? Now that I don't know. My dad has had some pretty serious issues with the drummer and now they are going to travel with each other.

Their first show was here in California, but they weren't leaving for the actual tour in about a month. This show is supposed to be their comeback/announcement.

Growing up Mötley Crüe wasn't really apart of my life. I was born in 1985 right before my parents split up, so my mom mostly raised me.

My mother Beth Lynn was the infamous first wife and I was the last child they had together before things went downhill.

Well that's not completely true, things started going downhill long before I was born. Or so I've been told anyway.

My dad was in a crazy successful rock band, so him staying home or being faithful to my mother were rare occasions.