Chapter 38: Your Face

I slept like shit.

Rose was in and out of the bathroom all night and I got up each time she did to make sure she was okay and to hold her hair.

She definitely over did it last night, but we all have here at one point or another.

And what's worse is we're supposed to leave to go to Amsterdam today, and nothing is worse than traveling when hungover.

So poor Rose.

I wake like I do everyday, my eyes opening to the ceiling. Jonathan's top bunk across from mine, and the smell of cigarettes lingering on his jacket.

But he isn't there. Neither is Ben.

I look down and see Rose still passed out on the bottom bunk, and look at the time on my phone.

I relax knowing knowing we don't have to leave until the evening, so there's plenty of time for Rose to recover.

I sigh and contemplate either getting up and getting some coffee from across the street, or trying to go back to sleep so I'm better rested.

I'm already awake anyway so I decide to lazily climb off my top bunk and head to the bathroom to change and brush my teeth.

I had just pulled my tank top down and walked back towards me and Rose's bunk when I hear Ben and Johnathan's voices.

"Oh hey Kai" Ben says when we run into each other "we woke up early and went to get some breakfast."

"Without me?" I ask whining.

"Sorry" Ben winces.

"Want some of my muffin?" Johnathan asks shoving a brown bag towards me.

"No it's okay" I wave "I'll just go get something myself, Rose is passed out."

"You don't want any company?" Jonathan asks cheerfully.

"No" I say "I'll be right back."

But before I can grab my bag and walk past them, Ben stops me again.

"Oh and Kai this came for you" hey says handing me an envelope.

"It doesn't have a return address" he shrugs "maybe it's from your dad on the road or something."

"It's unlike him" I say examining the letter "then again him and my mom are the only people who know I'm here."

"I'm sure he misses you." Ben mentions.

"Maybe" I say grabbing the letter from him and stuffing it in my purse "thanks."

"You ready to leave tonight?" Ben asks me while Johnathan shrugs out of his leather jacket.

"Not really" I whine "I want to stay in Paris longer."

"I agree" Ben says "not sure why we didn't set it up that way."

I shrug "maybe we can come back before we have to go back home."

"Maybe" Ben nods.

"Anyways" I breath out "I'll be back."

"We'll be here." Ben says.

"Sure you don't want me to come with you? It's dangerous for a girl out there on her own." Johnathan chimes in.

"I'll manage" I say to him starting for the door "thanks for letter."

And with that I leave before they can say anything else, Johnathan and his obviousness just put me in a really fowl mood, also I really needed some coffee.

I walk along the cobblestone street to nearest coffee shop and place my order for an espresso and pastry before finding a place to sit and enjoy it.

I didn't always have alone time on this trip, and it's something I crave. So I try to take advantage whenever I can.