Chapter 12: Demo Day

She had blonde hair, blue eyes, was tall, a self proclaimed model, and was my dads bitchy girlfriend.

I tried my best to avoid her, which was easy because they usually spent the night at her house. Which my dad did because he knew of my disliking for her.

She was entitled, annoying, prissy, and everything related to that. I have no idea what my dad see's in her.

"Oh my god Kaia!" My dad says when he see's me.

"Good lord! What happened to your face?" Julia asks.

I immediately put my hand over my cheek and sigh "It-uh happened last night."

"Who did this to you?" My dad asks hastily.

"Can I tell you alone, dad." I gesture to outside the room.

"But why can't Julia-" My dad stops when he see's me glaring at him.

"It's personal, that's why." I mutter.

Julia looks at me then to my dad then says "Vince I'm not her mother, she can tell you without me."

"Okay." He says standing up "I guess I'll be right back."

I turn and walk out of the room into the kitchen as my dad follows me, him muttering "whoever did this to you, I swear I'm gonna kill them!"

I roll my eyes and sit at the kitchen table and my dad sits next to me as I say "Before I tell you anything, you need to calm down."

He takes a deep breath "I'm sorry your right, I just-ah I hate that this happened to you!"

"Dad." I say putting a hand on his arm.

"Alright I'm calm, I'm calm." He repeats.

"Thank you." I mutter.

"So what happened?" He says more gently now clasping his hands together on the table.

I keep my hand over my cheek as I look at my dad and begin explaining.

...

"That son of a bitch!" My dad yells standing up. "I'm getting my gun!"

"Dad no!" I say standing up and setting my hands over his arms "be rational."

"Your my daughter it's my job to protect you!" He yells "why didn't you tell me sooner!"

"You can't protect me from everything dad." I say trying to calm him down "that's not what you should be doing."

"Well what am I supposed to do?" He asks with emotion thick in his voice.

"Just be here." I sigh "just be here for me, that's all I want."

He relaxes his tense body and releases his anger before he goes to hug me "okay if that's what you want." He wraps his arms tighter around me "but if I ever see him again, it's over for him."

"I know." I sigh with my head on his shoulder "I just would rather you comfort me right now, then go hunt him down."

"Whatever you need." He says "I'm here."

"Well then, can it just be us tonight?" I ask looking at him "no Julia?"

He sighs and looks towards the door "but she just got here."

"I thought you said you would be here for me?" I say "one night that you don't spend with her, that's all I want."

"Okay." He nods giving inn "fine we can do that."

"Thank you." I say smiling "it will be fun we can get pizza and watch a movie or something."

He smiles "only for you Kai."