Chapter 15: Bird Arms

"Dude are you serious?" My dad asks "that's so generous of you."

"Yeah" I clench my jaw "it is."

Nikki's eyes pass over mine before they land on my dad.

"Whatever you need man, I know how stuff like that can be." He says "sorry I didn't mean to eaves drop."

"No it's okay." My dad laughs "we were probably being loud anyway."

"Yeah you kinda were." Nikki laughs walking closer to us.

I cross my eyes and glare at him as he continues to talk to my dad.

"Seriously though" my dad says "I don't want you to feel obligated or anything."

"I'm not" Nikki shrugs then glances at me smugly "I'm just helping out an old friend."

"Well cool" my dad says "and don't worry about Kaia she's staying with her friend Rose."

"Oh well she's always welcome too, if she needs it." Nikki smiles.

"You hear that Kaia?" My dad asks "So when Mrs. Carter gets sick of you, she can just ship you off too Nikki's."

"Yeah I heard dad!" I snap.

"Woah" my dad says "what's the problem? This works out perfectly!"

"Nothing dad!" I say before I storm off.

"So when can I move in?" I hear my dad ask as I walk away.

...

I get in my car and speed down the freeway back to Rose's house.

I can't believe Nikki, I mean why would he do that? His house is the only place where we can be alone, and now my dad is moving in?

Is he trying to tell me something? Is he trying to repel me? I don't understand him sometimes!

I pull in the driveway and put my car in park before going in the house and stomping up to Rose's room.

Nobody was home so I changed into a pair of sweats, than went downstairs and started popping some popcorn in an attempt to calm myself down.

Thoughts of Nikki's ulterior motives continued flooding my head. Is he mad at me cause I won't have sex with him? Is he trying to tell me something? I'm not a mind reader!

I munched on the popcorn and tried to control my breathing with an episode of "Friends" before my phone started ringing.

It was Nikki. Stupid face, with stupidly awesome hair, Nikki. This should be interesting.

"Hello" I say confidently into the phone "Kaia speaking."

"I know what your thinking." Nikki says "don't."

"What could I possibly be thinking Nikki?" I say angrily "that you ruined the chance of us getting any alone time? Or how about the fact that this could be very dangerous for the both of us, I mean did you not think?" I ask.

"Calm down" He says slowly "and yes I did think before I asked him, and I actually think it's going to be a beneficial thing."

"And why is that?" I ask him.

"Because you can move in!" He says hastily "no more back and forth, we can just be together all the time."

"But we can't actually be together with my dad around." I groan.

"We can behind closed doors." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Well what happens when he opens those doors?" I ask.