Chapter 10: Funny Farm

The Next Morning
Sunday

I wake up to feeling the bed shake. When I opened my eyes I saw Nikki above me using his calloused hands to shake me and the bed.

"Wakey, wakey eggs and bakey!" He says with a goofy grin on in face.

I yawn and ask "what time is it?"

"After 10:00." He says "I let you sleep inn."

"Hate to break it to you dude, but this is not sleeping inn." I glare at him.

He laughs and starts putting his fingers through my hair "I remember those days."

I can't help but smirk, his smile was so contagious "well how did you sleep?"

"Like a baby." He smiles kissing my forehead.

"Me too." I say "oddly enough."

"Good." He says looking into my eyes.

At this point I can't help myself. I needed physical contact with him so bad, that I didn't even care if I looked like a train wreck right now from sleeping.

I lean in and kiss him, humming into his mouth when he kisses me back. I then put my hands over his beautifully tattooed arms and squeeze them.

His hands grasp my neck firmly and he kisses me a little while longer, before we both pull away to catch our breath.

"So." He says "I have good news and I have bad news."

I frown "Good news first please."

He chuckles and begins stroking my small hand in his bigger one "Well my children's mother came and picked them up this morning, so my schedule is cleared for the day."

"And the bad news?" I ask wearily.

He sucks in a breath and looks at me "The bruise on your cheek, has somehow morphed into a black eye."

"What!" I say pushing him over so that I could jump out of the bed.

I rush over to the mirror by the vanity and inspect.

"It's not that bad though!" Nikki says "it should be healed in no time."

I can see his reflection behind me in the mirror as I stare at my own. The bruise on my cheek was a shade of pink, but the inner corner of my eye was a shade of light purple.

It wasn't my entire eye thank god, but it still wasn't pretty.

I sigh "this is stupid."

"It is." He says "really fucking stupid."

I turn and face him "will makeup cover it?"

He shrugs "we can try."

"Well this is just great." I say sarcastically "what am I gonna tell my father?"

He shrugs again "I mean you could tell him what really happened."

"But he can't know were I was when it happened." I say.

"Just leave that part out." He says.

And after he does my cellphone, which was located next to the bed starts ringing.

Nikki picks up my phone the goes to hand it to me "speak of the devil."

"Of fuck." I say seeing it was my dad.

I clear my throat before I answer the phone "hello?" I ask.

"Kaia!" My dad says "where are you? I got home and your is cars here, but your not!"