Chapter 32: So it Goes

"Hi." I stutter as she looks me up and down.

"Hello." She says confused.

"I'm Kaia" I say "Vince's daughter, he sent me here to get something from Nikki." I lie.

"Oh." She shrugs "well he's in there, I was just leaving."

"Good" I nod as she passes me, and before I can even think the words come out of my mouth "how's Frankie?"

She stops abruptly and turns towards me.

"She's..." Donna ponders for a second "she's great, she's excited to see her daddy on tour."

"Oh you guys are gonna visit him?" I ask.

"We're actually gonna go with him, we won't join for another week though." She says.

This was very shocking to me.

Nikki said they were in a custody battle, and now all the sudden they are on good enough terms for her to go on tour with him.

"I'm sure Nikki is very excited." I say trying to hide the hurt in my voice.

"I'm sure he is too." She scoffs. "Well I've gotta get going, the nanny took Frankie to the park and I have some errands to run before they get done."

She came all the way here, and doesn't even bring their daughter for him to see?

Some women.

"Well it was nice to meet you." I smile.

"You too." She winks before going to her car.

I wave at her as she drives off, and then enter Nikki's house slamming the door shut behind me.

"Donna?" I hear Nikki yell from upstairs.

"Nope!" I say heading up the stairs angrily "it's your side chick!"

"What?" He asks coming out of his room.

He was in the classic "Nikki at home look" which was a black t shirt and grey sweatpants.

He looked like he had just finished doing his hair and still had patches of shaving cream on his face.

"Forget about me already?" I ask as he realizes it's me.

"Kaia!" He says coming to hug me "What are you doing here?"

And before he can kiss me, I break out of his grip.

"She's going on tour with you? Just yesterday you said you were gonna have no one there." I say.

"It's not just her." He says calmly "it's her and Frankie, which is why I asked them to come."

"You asked?" I say angrily "I thought you were only talking to each other with lawyers present, and now you are having secret meetings?"

"It wasn't a secret meeting." He says shaking his head "she came over early this morning and we worked it out. Why are you mad?"

"Because you lied to me." I say.

"No I didn't." He says "you aren't coming Kaia, so this doesn't effect you."

"Yes it does!" I say "because she is your wife, who you are supposed to be divorcing right now."

"I never told you we were getting a divorce." He says.

"Isn't that what separated implies?" I ask "and why wouldn't you, especially since you've been screwing me ever since she moved out of the house."

"That's not true and you know it" He says sternly.