Chapter 3: Cringe Fest

The next day

"Somebody told me you had boyfriend, who looked like a girlfriend, that I had in February of last year." I sing to the Killers with a mixing bowl in my hands.

I was home alone and slept in till noon, so to continue this great day I decided to make some pancakes as well.

One of my best friends Rose had texted me that she was coming over earlier.

"For a day of shopping and commentary!" Which were her exact words in the text she had sent me earlier.

Rose is easily the funniest person I know. She has an extremely dry sense of humor, which I have always liked. She's also very blunt, which when you mix the two together can be quite entertaining.

As the skillet finished heating up, I sprayed some pam on it before distributing the batter around in symmetrical circles.

The radio continued playing as I got a serving plate from one of the cabinets and got a spatula out to flip the pancakes with.

I had made some coffee earlier, but it was becoming cold, so I decided to pop what was left in my cup into the microwave.

As soon as the microwave beeped the doorbell rang, so I quickly took my mug out then made sure the pancakes were okay before I went to open the door.

"What's up bitch!" Rose says to me as soon as I open the door.

"I'm making pancakes!" I say waving the spatula in her face.

"Ooo my favorite!" She boasts coming in and closing the door behind her.

I go to turn the radio down before I turn and face her "so how was your night?"

"Fucking terrible!" She says setting her purse on the kitchen counter "I had to babysit these fucking brat kids."

I laugh and flip one of the pancakes "why?"

"It was for a friend of my moms. I mean I made bank, but it was literally terrible! They kept screaming in my ear and would not go to fucking sleep. I swear if my kids do that, I'm putting them up for adoption." She says.

I burst out laughing "damn and I thought my night sucked."

"Oh yeah how was the concert?" She asks.

"I mean it was okay" I say "I just wish I had brought a friend or something because I got really bored just being back stage."

"Really?" She asks "you didn't have anyone to hang out with?"

"I mean some of the crew was cool and I actually had a really good time with Nikki after the show." I say.

"Nikki Sixx?" She asks raising her eyebrows.

"Who else?" I ask her setting some of the cooked pancakes on the serving plate.

"He's kinda..." Rose starts.

"Kinda what?" I ask.

"I don't know." She says "he's kinda like a sexy dad."

"Ew." I say

"Not like he's your or my dad, but you know he's a hot dad type."

"What do you even mean by that?" I ask pouring more batter into the pan.

"I mean have you seen the man?" She asks.

"Yes I have." I say.

"And he's hot isn't he?" She asks.

I giggle my face suddenly feeling warm "define hot?" I ask.

"That's too broad of a question." She says "but to sum up, Nikki Sixx."