Chapter 41: Seeing Red

We step into a speak easy type of bar lined with black leather booths, and red velvet barstools along the bar.

The place was exquisite.

Dimly lit and almost romantic.

It was quite the spot that Lane picked out.

"Reservation under Lane Hannah." She says to the hostess at the front desk.

Me, her, and my dad were the first to arrive while Nikki, Donna, Tommy, Tara, and some of their friends behind us followed in there own car.

Mick wasn't feeling well so he had an early night, while his assistant babysat Frankie.

"Right this way" the red haired hostess smiles leading us to a large table in the back corner.

The chairs were red velvet line just like the bar stools, just in more of a secluded area.

"Sick!" I hear Tommy's voice from behind us, as the rest of the party enters.

There was already a women who I didn't recognize sipping a cocktail at our table.

She had chocolate brown hair similar to Lane's with deep brown eyes.

She was in a black cocktail dress and her bracelets banged together as she drank from her glass.

"Hey Val!" Lane greets going to give her a hug.

The women stands as they embrace, and Lane turns around to introduce us.

"This is who I've been telling you about." Lane says to the girl "Valerie this is Kaia, Vince's daughter."

"Nice to meet you." She says extending out her hand, revealing a British accent.

"You as well." I smile "you're a friend of Lane's"

"An old one" she nudges lanes shoulder "which is why I'm so glad she's finally back in Europe."

"We met here years ago while I was doing some shopping for my store." Lane chimes in "we hit it off because she gave me free publicity."

"Oh so your a publicist?" I ask her.

"No a journalist." She corrects me.

"Oh" I nod "that sounds cool."

"It is sometimes" she laughs.

Everyone behind us begins to take a seat, as the waiter comes around to get our drink orders.

Nikki and Donna sit right across from me as I'm forced to sit by Valerie, because Lane wanted to sit by my dad.

She makes a suggestion for a drink to order, and I oblige not knowing what to expect.

Everyone else places their orders before the waiter hurriedly goes to the bar to put our orders in.

"So" my dad says putting an arm around Lane "it was a pretty kick ass show tonight huh?"

"You were amazing babe" Lane says kissing his cheek as I try not to gag.

"Pretty good if I do say so myself" Nikki says smirking

"Pretty good?" Tommy questions in disgust "how about fucking phenomenal."

"That too." Nikki chuckles.

"It just felt so raw." Tommy expresses passionately "almost like we were in the 80's again."

"I don't know about that man" my dad says with his mouth tilting slightly upward.

"We definitely aren't doing the same things we were in the 80's" Nikki mumbles.