i.

𝐈𝐒𝐘𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟐𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟒

𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟐𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟒

"You know my momma told me it's not right to be mean to people if they haven't done anything to you." A young Isys spoke with her small hand propped on her hip.

The ten year old girl was on her way to the small playground that sat towards the front of the apartment complex where she lived when she saw a boy, maybe a year older than her, pull on a tiny girl's braid.

"Yeah and my momma told me that people need to mind they business when something ain't got shit to do with them."

The young girl frowned at his language, scrunching her nose up while looking at him as the girl quietly stepped behind her.

"You don't have nothin' better to do?" She asked , rolling her neck slightly and standing her ground in front of the boy.

"Man get back."

Isys reacted fast as the boy reached forward to grab the girl behind her's arm, pushing him which caused him to stumble back.

"Bitch." The boy spoke, walking up to the two before pushing Isys back with all of his strength.

"Ouch!" Isys' bigger body knocked into the girl behind her before falling to the ground, hissing as she felt the pavement digging into her elbow where she was sure she would have a bloody mark in a second.

Feeling her tough facade start to crack, Isys went to grab her arm as tears welled up in her eyes.

The stinging sensation was beginning to spread through the young girl's arm and she bit her lip harshly to keep herself from crying.

'Never let them see that they're getting to you.' Her father's words rang through her ears as she turned her head to look at the girl beside her who was now full blown crying.

"Yo momma should have told you to mind yo business."

"Aye!" Isys felt herself calm down instantly after hearing that voice, her heartbeat becoming even as the person came closer.

"Wassup Five." The boy in front of her nodded to him, only for the smirk on his face to drop as a fist went flying towards his face.

"Stay yo ass down thea lil nigga. Ion play bout that one." I felt my heart tighten as Kahsan spoke, feeling slightly bad for the boy who had just been punched.

I kept quiet as Kahsan turned to me, still holding my arm that was throbbing in pain. "You good Nailea?"

"Mhmm." I nodded as he reached out to grab my hand and helped me up before he gripped my face lightly as if he was checking over me.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." I let him know, turning towards the girl who was still crying silently on the ground. "Hey, it's okay. What's your name?"