viii.

𝐈𝐒𝐘𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟏𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟏𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

"You not going to no party with Duke Dennis. Is you tweakin?" I frowned as Kahsan walked beside me, his arm over my shoulder as we were so close that our bodies were almost overlapping.

"Why not? He invited us with Kori."

"You think Byrd finna let Essence go party with some Dblock niggas? Man please."

"Byrd can't control her just like you can't control me. We're going, I don't care." I shrugged my shoulders at his silly remark. It wasn't like I was going to do anything crazy, this opportunity was just too good to pass up. "I'm not even finna wild out. We in Miami to have fun right? This opportunity not gone come again any time soon."

"So you can't have fun with me or something?"

"Bubba...I didn't say that."

"Shit, that's what it sounded like to me." I felt his eyes glued to the side of my head, refusing to look over at him because I knew I would fold if I did.

"That's not what I meant and you know that."

"Man whatever." He laughed bitterly before removing his arm from around me and walking up to where Byrd was.

I looked down at the ground then as sadness came over me. I just wanted to everyone to have fun this trip and things were already starting to hit the fan even though we had only been here for a few hours.

"Fuck wrong with him?" Essence asked me as she noticed the look on Kahsan's face. Her face showed concern, touching me lightly on the shoulder to comfort me.

"He's mad cause we're tryna go to that after party."

"Girl fuck him."

"Not too much Essence." I side eyed her as we both went quiet while she did the same thing. It remained silent for a few more seconds before we both laughed loudly.

"Nah but forreal, we in Miami girl. We're here to have fun. These niggas can't get mad cause we wanna go out when they haven't made nothinggggg clear bout how the feel. He can't want you to not go out and can't even tell you he tryna fuck with you on that level."

I stayed quiet listening to her words. She was right. Kahsan was nothing but a friend who some times acted as if he wanted me.

Over the years this nigga got his rocks off, had a good share of hoes and all but the day my virgin ass wanna show out in Miami it was a problem.

Got me fucked up.

"You're right. We're going and we finna show out bad." I shrugged before following everyone else into the restaurant that we had found. It was getting late and the strip was packed so I wanted to enjoy the rest of my time before we headed back to the bnb.