xvii.

𝐈𝐒𝐘𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟕, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟕, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

"These hoes be so deluse, they out here looking craze. What happened?" I laughed as Kori copied that one funny ass boy from tiktok before posting it on her close friends.

We were in the process of decorating the venue Zay had rented for Noe's birthday party which was in 3 days.

"Where these lights supposed to go?" Byrd's loud voice echoed over the empty room, making me roll my eyes as he walked around with the lights tangled in a big ball.

"Take em to Journey." Kori spoke, glancing over quickly only to see the big clump of lights in the male's hand. "Byrd...I gave you 1 specific instruction and what was it?"

"Don't tangle the light-"

"Right, so why in the FUCK did you tangle them?"

"Ian even try to-" He tried to explain before smacking his lips and throwing the lights down on the table. "Ion gotta explain myself to you! Get somebody else to do it! I'm done!"

"Ummm ok...." I trailed off watching as Byrd stomped away leaving us in silence.

"That was weird."

Although I didn't know the extent of Byrd's relationship with Essence, I could tell the girl's words from that day affected him. Even more so since he had let us know that she texted him trying to apologize to which he disrespectfully decided to not accept.

She had went on to ramble about how she didn't mean the things she said and that she was just annoyed because he hadn't been showing her attention other than when they were alone.

It was all bullshit to me honestly and anyone with a brain could see right through her phony ass excuses.

It did had Byrd on edge though which annoyed me even more because I felt like she wasn't worth the time he was wasting thinking of her.

"Isys, you picking up Noe's dress tomorrow right?" Zay asked me as he walked in, a big box of decorations in his hand as the other boys followed behind him with the centerpieces we had gotten made.

"Yeah, send me the address so I can put it in my phone." I assured the male, focusing on the party favors that I had pieced together.

I had the idea to make a magazine filled with Noe as a small token to put in her bags for the guests.

Everything about this party was going to be big. Noe had let us know that she wanted us to plan her 20th birthday as her last basic birthday because we would be going out of the country for her 21st.

So with the help of everyone, we came up with the idea to rent a venue and have a private invitation only dinner that would lead into a party, address not being posted until after the dinner is finished.