xvi.

𝐈𝐒𝐘𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

"Thank you so much Kahsan. I can't believe you really got me a car." I sat on the counter with Bubba in between my legs, waiting for the cookies we put into the oven to finish baking.

"You're welcome peanut. This your 8th time telling me thank you ma, I gotchu."

"Because Bubba! A car is a big deal!"

"Shit, not for me." He shrugged his shoulders before leaning in and placing a kiss to my forehead making my heart skip a beat.

"I love you Kahsan."

I fiddled with my fingers as the room grew silent, my stomach filling with regret when he didn't respond.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said tha-"

"I love you too Isys."

I smiled widely, grabbing his chin before pulling him into a kiss which he deepened. His cold hands resting on my waist as he caressed my sides.

It was so crazy to me how things turned out with us because this was all that 10 year old me would have wanted.

I believed that I was truly blessed to have Kahsan. Ever since the day we met, I somehow knew that he was important to me.

At first, I didn't believe in soulmates but I do now. Because of him. Because Kahsan Jermani Tyson is my soulmate.

"I love this song! Alexa turn the volume up!" I yelled as Yebba's Heartbreak began to play softly through the kitchen. "Lemme sing to you Bubba."

"Go ahead."

"Can I show my love for you?" I looked him in his eyes, holding his hands as I sung along with Yebba's beautiful voice.

A smile grew on Kahsan's face when I caressed the side of his face.

"You may not know right where you're going but I do, I do, I do and all the times you wasn't chosen well I'll make it up to you."

From the first moment I heard the song, I had related the lyrics to myself and Kahsan without truly knowing why.

But now I knew and it was because it took me back throughout the years of us being friends and how far along we have come.

𝘪𝘴𝘺𝘴' 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘶𝘥𝘦

"You sure you don't wanna be with Byrd and Mahkai?" I asked Kahsan as he played a game with me in my room while Byrd and MK were outside playing basketball.

"I already told you I'm good with you Nailea. You asked me to play with you before they wanted to hoop."

"I'm just making sure." I raised my hands up, looking at Kahsan before turning my attention back to my game.