Chapter 6

Mirabelle's POV: I was already preparing to pack for the weekend when mom kissed my cheek and murmured, "See you soon, pumpkin." Dad stopped me before going. "Take this to Manny." Dad and Manuel had been friends for a long time, and he offered to fly us to the southern islands for free as a favor to Dad. I looked at it. It was a sealed envelope bearing his name on it in cursive 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓾𝓮𝓵 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝔃𝓪𝓵𝓮𝔃.

Manuel was outside with someone I didn't know who is the woman with the black hair and blue eyes of Manuel? "Is that Jack's mom?" Viola asked. His mother is rarely mentioned, yet there are pictures of her throughout the family room. Finally, Jack opened the door. He noticed a woman talking with his father; they were holding plans for something only I could hear: "Call you later." Manuel noticed me when she drove away.

He said, opening the envelope "Jack's inside."  He then looked up and said, "Oh, never mind, he isn't." Jack, teasingly, asked, 'Who is she?' His father, with crossed arms, smirked and replied, 'Just a friend from flight school.' Jack motioned for us to go inside. Once inside, we could see his invention room, a tool cabinet, and a side tool belt in his plan. It was uncommon for the door to be opened alone. As a result, Jack removed his goggles and protective science coat. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend a similar school since mine is exclusively for royalty."

"JACKSON!" Manuel opened the door "Is anything wrong? You rarely call me by my full name," he said, sounding a bit one nervous. He pulled out the permission slip from his son's bag. Jack responded, "I didn't want to bother you, and I didn't want you to feel guilty that you couldn't afford it." Manuel nodded towards the family room as they both sat on the couch. With a gentle tone, Manny assured his son, "It is not your responsibility to worry about my feelings, okay? I promise I'll find a way for us to go together, 'juntos' in Spanish. "Now go start packing I'll flight you there okay." Dad allowed him to take a private royal plane to the southern isle. I was confused at first, but Manue told us that Jack told me he told his dad it was for a project not the field.

"Okay, I can take you to the southern island, but I won't be able to spend the entire weekend there. I need to depart Friday evening. I'm called away for something essential, but a buddy of mine can fly your back." Jack grinned. "It sounds good, and is it the same friend?" Manuel rolled his eyes and replied, "Maybe it's not like that." "I won't mind if you—" His father stopped him. "I know you don't mind."

Demark was close to the Southern Isle. Dominic's uncle took us to a palace. The rooms were spacious and had large windows that overlooked the ocean, letting in plenty of natural light. "Your guest room is right down the hall," the king said, pointing to the hallway. Dominic took us to the guest room. We're spending the weekend here and flying back in the afternoon on Sunday. I wanted to make the most of it. The guest room was surprisingly cozy. It had a big bed and a comfortable couch. Dom was more outgoing than I expected, constantly making jokes and stories about her life growing up here. She showed us around the castle, including her favorite spot, the rooftop garden, where we could see the entire city below us.

The Southern Isle was near Demark.  Dominic's uncle us to a palace. The rooms were spacious and had large windows that overlooked the ocean, letting in plenty of natural light. "Your guest room is right down the hall," the king said, pointing to the hallway. Dominic took us to the guest room. We're spending the weekend here and flying back in the afternoon on Sunday. I wanted to make the most of it. The guest room was surprisingly cozy. It had a big bed and a comfortable couch. Dom was more outgoing than I expected, constantly making jokes and stories about her life growing up here. She showed us around the castle, including her favorite spot, the rooftop garden, where we could see the entire city below us.

The library was a grand building, a testament to the city's rich history. They walked their bikes inside, past statues of famous scholars and a fountain in the center. Jack was awestruck, feeling like a small fish in a big pond. Finn led them to the section on magic, where they found shelves upon shelves of books on various subjects. "Okay, so we're looking for something on summoning," Finn explained. "Any ideas where to start?" The room was filled with books, with a platform in the middle and a magical, clear dome. "Okay, this place was donated by the Auradon council to us for safekeeping. If you pick a book about the story, it tells you everything you need to know about anything.